How Your Body Heals

(Dan) #1

Are there any good articles/studies on the changes your body makes or how it heals as you lose weight? Curious on the changes that have happened. Aside from the obvious, I feel better, have more energy, etc. Thanks,
Dan

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #2

Do you mean losing weight or losing fat? Are you concerned primarily with body composition, or are you interested in metabolic healing as well?

There is evidence to suggest that the benefits of weight loss are actually the result of the hormonal changes from removing carbohydrate from the diet, primarily the reduction in damage caused by excessive serum glucose and serum insulin levels. For documentation on these changes, I would recommend reading The Art and Science of Low-carbohydrate Living and The Art and Science of Low-carbohydrate Performance, both by Phinney and Volek, and The Case Against Sugar and Good Calories, Bad Calories, both by Taubes. These works will lay out the process for you, and then you can read the primary research by consulting the lists of references.

(Dan) #3

Yes, losing fat. I have been tracking that with a Renpho scale which I know isn’t completely accurate but it’s a number and a trend. I noticed both types of fat dropping but the visceral fat seems to be dropping at a faster weight. Also interested in the metabolic healing. It just made me curious how the body heals itself throughout the LCHF diet and what changes are happening. Thank you for the books recommendations. I will check them out.

(Carl Keller) #4

If you imagine a badly sprained ankle, you would probably picture a massive bruise with a lot of swelling and inflammation. Healing doesn’t begin in that ankle until the inflammation is gone and my belief is that this can be applied to our diet and the inflammation it can cause when we eat a lot of processed foods. Remove the inflammatory foods and healing can begin.

https://perfectketo.com/ketosis-for-reduced-inflammation/