How to avoid too much protein on carnivore?

(traci simpson) #21

I’m day 4 of meat only and yesterday my ketone level was only 0.3. That is not in ketosis! how long before things change for a new person just getting started on full carnivore?

(Elizabeth ) #22

Adaptation can take 6 weeks to 6 months.

(traci simpson) #23

I’ve started KETO in April so it should kick the hell in by now! lol

(Katie) #24

Try KetoAF (keto animal foods). Siobhan Huggins explains it in @Daisy 's wonderful podcast! She explains it in the first part of the two-part episode.

Basically eat your fats first to achieve fat fullness/satiety. So, maybe sit down and eat a whole bunch of suet or butter, and then eat your steak/protein.

https://ketowomanpodcast.com/107/

(traci simpson) #25

Ummmm, not eating a bunch of butter :money_mouth_face:
I’ll eat it on something but you can’t pay me to chow down on plain butter. LOL!

(Elizabeth ) #26

Eat fattier meats like pork belly rib eyes fatty steaks, eggs

(Elizabeth ) #27

are you taking blood for testing?

(traci simpson) #28

I purchased a KETO reader.

(traci simpson) #29

Love ribeyes, and eggs and bacon.

(Elizabeth ) #30

were you in ketosis before 4 days ago?

(traci simpson) #31

I don’t know, I didn’t have a tracker then but since I’ve only lost 6 pounds since April, I’d say probably not/

(Elizabeth ) #32

then give carnivore time, eat plenty freely whenever hungry :slight_smile: NO carbs, try meat and water only for 30 days for best results

(Elizabeth ) #33

carnivore needs lots of fatty meat to balance/heal your metabolism, weight loss isn’t linear either- I gained at first, now losing 10 pounds (quickly) but only every 8-9 months. Body is stubborn!

(traci simpson) #34

It sucks!!!

(Katie) #35

I used to eat it like cheese 🤷 But that was back when my body was starving for fat from a couple of years of not consuming any. That is not to say I would not do it again though :laughing:

(Elizabeth ) #36

it’s HORMONES

(Katie) #37

Perhaps ease in slowly. A lot of people find that rendered fats (butter, ground beef & bacon grease, tallow, lard, etc.) cause them to feel nauseated. Not all people experience this though.

(Elizabeth ) #38

I cook with them, I don’t eat them. I do pick out and buy fatty meats, cook the steaks/roasts then eat as much fat first as is enjoyable.

(traci simpson) #39

I love cooking with bacon grease and butter. I can eat a lot of ground beef!

(Elizabeth ) #40

cook it rare-ish to retain the fat