How Often Do You Have Dessert and What?

(Karen) #10

Was doing a 90 second chocolate muffin everyday, but currently trying to move a stall. Reducing the sweetener use you know.

K

I have full fat Greek yogurt with some chia and maybe a few frozen blueberries. I do this maybe a few times a week depending on whether or not I have a taste for it.

For my chocolate I get baker’s bars: 100%. I like to top them with peanut butter, homemade if I have a batch handy.
Planning to make a batch of pecan butter soon as I get another big bag of those.

(Sophie) #12

We do dessert once or twice a week depending. Sometimes it’s strawberries with double cream, sometimes jello with whipped cream sometimes it’s Bryers Carb Smart ice cream, or just plain %86 chocolate square or two. Ya never know around here. I enjoy a wide variety.

(Garry (Canada)) #13

Suggestion: Try hemp hearts instead, or in addition to the Chia. :wink: :+1:

(Sophie) #14

I just recently tried Noatmeal. It was tasty!

(Pete A) #15

This is strongly on my mind today:

(Brian) #16

Pretty much every day I have something. It’s not always much. It varies as I get tired of eating the same thing all the time. Often it’s a keto muffin of some kind, sometimes chocolate, sometimes blueberry or raspberry. Sometimes, I’ll make a flourless keto chocolate cookie. Occasionally I’ll make keto peanut butter bars, which are actually little 1.5" squares about 3/4" thick, maybe a couple of those (it takes a while to eat through the batch). Occasionally a mug cake or a tiny “cake for two” to share with my wife. Sometimes a cheesecake, usually when we’re having company over and I know we won’t have to eat the whole thing ourselves.

It’s kinda like a meal. There are certain things we have often and others just every once in a while. We like the variety.

When I make muffins, I sometimes only make a half batch of them. When I make mug cakes, I cut the recipe down so that I’m only making two, not four or six or however many the recipe may call for.

The desserts have some carbs. I plan on them. I don’t consider it cheating when they’re built in. And I don’t sit down and eat a half dozen muffins at a time or a half batch of peanut butter bars. Most of the time, the treats are at the end of a meal and just a little something to top it off, not at the beginning of the meal when I’m really hungry or to have a snack. That probably helps me not to overeat them. A little goes a long way.

If our desserts were a food group, I might be more critical of eating them. They’re more like a condiment here.

YMMV…

:slight_smile:

(Sophie) #17

Great way to look at it! Me Likey! :+1:

(Renee Slaughter) #18

I don’t crave sweets like I used to. I just kept eating keto and the cravings went away. So no answers about your situation. So sorry. However when I do want a treat ( seldom) my favorite is keto mousse super easy and now keto chocolate cake.

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #19

I should add that, as someone who added 25 lbs by doing the sweet/salt back and forth all day during grad school, I try very hard to avoid substitutes for the behaviors that got me to peak weight in the first place. So, squares of really dark chocolate are okay, as are my berries and cream. But I’d have to think long and hard before making stuff like keto muffins and more composed desserts. Your mileage will vary, but that’s not gonna be part of my N=1.

(Jay Patten) #20

My wife made Good Dee’s brand low carb chocolate brownies for me (it was my son’s birthday and everyone was eating cake). They were 6/10 on taste but did not kick out of ketosis, which is good. Not somthing I would eat all the time, but its nice to know I can.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #21

I eat desserts whenever I want, which is sometimes daily. I try to keep certain sweeteners such as Ace K and aspartame to a minimum, but ANY sweetener causes an insulin release. I eat a dessert close to dinner. Keeping the feeding window as small as possible. I also aim for VERY fatty desserts, lightly sweetened… such as mousse, cheesecake mousse, mug cakes, ice cream, peanut butter cookies, shortbread cookies, fresh berries, and gelatin with cream.

(Brian) #22

It’s confirmation that we’re all a little different. I find it pretty easy to have a muffin or a small peanut butter bar and leave the rest alone. Actually, I would probably fail at the berries and cream and would probably pig out way more than I should. I love berries. LOL!! (A keto muffin probably has 4 or 5 blueberries or raspberries. If I had free reign on a sizable container of berries, I would probably have a hard time stopping at a cup, I’d want more, More, MORE!! LOL!)

Yup, n=1. Gotta go with what works for you.

:slight_smile:

ColdStone dark chocolate ice cream once every three or four weeks.

a couple of squares of 70% choc nearly every day. Sometimes as a snack at my desk, sometimes as dessert after my main meal.

The rest of the time I am ZC with a few herbs and spices.

(Vincent Hall) #25

Usually end of daily, I’ll have my almond milk smoothie, with a teaspoon or two of cacoa powder & nibs, a little stevia, double cream topped off with a load of ice cubes and blitzed in my bullet. Oh and two squares of 90% Lindt chocolate.
But when Im away, just the couple of squares of Lindt suit me
\v/

Not often these days, but when I started keto I needed them daily for a while (mostly sugar-free Jello until I found out it contains maltodextrin…grrrr) to not feel deprived. I’ll have them when I want them now, just don’t happen to crave them much anymore.

(Pete A) #27

Make som of dat for me!

I don’t eat heaps of fat with dinner as I don’t really enjoy it, but I’m a sucker for unsweetened whipped cream, so I usually end up having a bowl of that afterwards. Works for me…

sweet tooth is sooooo gone, I’ve had no ‘dessert’ for awhile now but in the beginning I had some fondness for fat bombs and enjoyed the strawberries and blueberries so much. I am not a chocolate fan at all but something with a wee bit of fruit and cream cheese will make me happy for several days!