"How much weight have you lost?" "About 20 lbs..."

(Mike W.) #1

I can’t tell you the number of times I’ve been asked this since starting this WOE. It didn’t really hit me until today as to what “about 20lbs.” means.

When you start out losing weight you see the numbers falling off and your clothes fit better, but I definitely had my “aha!” moment and realized how much extra weight puts a strain on your body. This package of pork is 21 lbs. This is exactly the amount of weight I’ve lost so far. It is NOT light. I can’t believe that this weight and amount of mass is missing from my body! What an eye opening experience and a reason to strive that much harder to get healthy!
Bonus Points if you can guess how much I weigh in this pic :wink:

(David) #2

Wow! well done. That is a BIG chunk of meat. I’ll embarrass myself and guess 106 Kg?

Fat is less dense than muscle, so what you lost would be larger than that package.

The dog is like “oh, please drop that meat on the floor…please, please…”

(Mike W.) #5

Crazy!

(Guardian of the bacon) #6

How about a hint of how tall you are? You look about 7’3" in that photo. :grin:

(Guardian of the bacon) #8

I think I heard mention of 7’ 1 1/2" and that he plays for the polish national BB team.

(Larry Lustig) #9

I’m only going to guess if you agree that the closest guess wins that giant package of meat.

Never thought of it that way. I’ve lost a small child then :slight_smile:

(Mike W.) #11

Haha! I’m 6’3". I guess this is the “perspective” you get when your 5’4" wife takes the pic :stuck_out_tongue:

(John) #12

I’ve lost more than my 7 year old weighs, no wonder I got tired going up and down stairs.

Nice, your unit of measurement is way better than the adjustable dumbbell I’ve been using… I think I’ll do the same when I hit my next goal and make some smoked pulled pork.

I’m only going to take a guess because I’m the same height: 265… because this is a trick question and you’re holding 20 lbs of pork :wink:

(Mike W.) #14

@sulawesi was the closest. I’m 273. Started at 294. Still can’t believe how heavy 21 lbs really is…