How much electrolytes?

(Alf) #1

Can anyone tell me just how much and what kind of electrolytes I need daily pleeease?!

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #2

Potassium and Magnesium, it’s a good idea to follow this recipe. I’ve used it since the beginning and Ive never experienced Keto Flu.

(Alex) #3

sodium, magnesium, potassium and calcium are all important electrolytes you need on keto. make sure you’re salting your food. personally, i usually end up consuming between 3,000 and 4,000mg of sodium daily. most websites i’ve read through regarding the keto diet recommend between 2,000 and 4,000mg a day. i take a magnesium pill as well as a couple other vitamins each morning to cover my magnesium and calcium needs for the day. and regarding potassium, i’ve read that consuming enough salt daily helps to maintain your potassium levels, so you probably don’t need to worry about that one TOO much. however, i personally try to get in a bit of potassium every day through either avocados (i make my own guacamole), salad or macadamia nuts, as these are all good sources of it. I would be careful if using lite salt or other potassium supplements. a lot of people have had success with it, but purposely adding extra potassium to your diet like that could potentially be dangerous. there are stories of people taking too much of it and having serious health complications. you should be able to get enough of it naturally to where you don’t really need to worry about it unless it causes issues for you. i’m currently on my second week of keto and have been feeling great! no keto flu or anything like that :slight_smile: also, make sure you’re staying well-hydrated!!