How much carbs in celery juice?

Hi,

I was kicked out of ketosis by mistake, so now I reaaaally pay attention to everything I eat.

Question :
How many carbs in 16oz (o,5 liter) of PURE celery juice ?

Also, is celery juice a great replacement for greens ? Will I have all the nutrients I need from vegetables for the day (without eating other greens) ? Because, greens have a lot of carbs, but I know I must eat them.

Also, does someone knows a website to calculate every vitamins of any food ?

Juicing strips vegetables of their fiber so should be avoided. If you don’t like greens, then just don’t eat them. Substitute with organ meat instead.

It’s not that I do not like them, it’s just lot of carbs… How do you do to not eat more than 20g of carbs by eating vegetables ?

If, like me you count net carbs, you minus the fiber from the total carb content and that allows you to fit more green veges into keto.

People who count total carbs generally make the exception when it comes to keto freindly green veges and don’t count the carbs towards their total intake.

(Running from stupidity) #6

No, absolutely not.

Will I have all the nutrients I need from vegetables for the day (without eating other greens) ? Because, greens have a lot of carbs, but I know I must eat them.

You don’t need to eat them at all, most likely.

I am not talking calories, only vitamin benefits

There’s little chance you’d eat enough spinach or other leafy greens to get over 20g net carbs, unless your salads are obscene. As far as vitamins, meat provides most of them and they’re more bioavailable than those found in plants. So feel free to have the spinach salad, but know that meat is the MVP.

If you were using something like a Nutribullet to completely liquify the celery without removing the fiber then it would be beneficial.

But just remember it’s a lot easier to get carried away and drink too many carbs via fruit and vege juice than it is by eating them.

16oz of celery juice contains 18g of carbs.

hmmmm… are you sure it seems absolutely insane

Here’s my source-

(Running from stupidity) #13

Insane or not, juicing is something to avoid if at all possible. Eat your carbs, don’t drink them.

But I was doing the celery juice challenge of the medical medium, which heals the gut. I am just sad to hear that

But saying that- looking up celery juice in Carb Manager, it says 16oz is only 7g of carbs or 2g of net carbs.

yes that’s what I think, but I ask here because i want to be sure

do you think carb manager is accurate ?

Hard to say. The best you can probably hope for is to find a few different stats online of the carb content then average the results to get a rough idea.

(Janelle) #19

Celery juice sounds gross to me. But then so do organ meats.

I’m a proponent of “Page 4” keto. It’s called that because it’s the fourth page of Dr. Westman’s handout at the Duke Medical Center. I believe in eating vegetables - in moderation. If you do too - check out this food list for what you can eat and in what amounts. This seems so much more sensible than fad juice things or carnivore.

https://caseydurango.com/keto-food-list/

And if you’re surprised by the carbs in 16 ounces of celery juice, think about how many pounds of celery it must take to get that much juice. You’re getting all of the sugar juices and none of the fiber.

@Giannita Actually that would be an accurate way to measure the carb content. Weigh how much celery you’re using to make the half litre of juice, then find out the carb content of the unjuiced celery and that should be an accurate indication.