How many Keto couples do we have?

(Mario) #41

i think, this fits perfect here:

i am in a foreign country because of work, so quite far away from my wife, and as mentioned above, carb loading doesn’t fit with her.

(Susan) #42

Hehe =))

(Bradand Judy Adamson) #43

My husband and I have both been on Keto for 2 months. He was very hesitant at first but he is fully on board now. He has lost 40lbs and I have lost 17lbs. He had a beer belly that was about it. He is 50 and I am 49 and have been menopausal for 3 years.
The changes in our body and mind is just amazing though! We feel great! He was on blood pressure meds and no longer takes that,he no longer snores at night! I used to have acid reflux pretty bad at night and that is gone. I do wish I was losing weight faster like hubby but I do know that it wasn’t put on fast so I’m not going to drop it fast. I’ll take any loss I can get. I’m just thankful that my husband is in this journey with me.

(Susan) #44

Welcome to the forum, Brad and Judy =). That is awesome that you are doing this together, congrats on your losses so far, and best wishes on your continued journey. In general, men lose weight faster then woman, it has to do with the female hormones of reproduction and trying to keep some fat on us, because we carry the species, etc. I am NOT a scientist, but I have seen various posts about this on here about it .

(Gary hoover) #45

A little late. It’s August 2nd. My wife and I have been on keto since 1-3-19i have lost 33 and she lost 21. I was told by a dr to go low carb as I got diabetes from prednisone. Went from A1c 8.6 to 7.0 in 3 months now it’s 5.8. Off meds for diabetes,meds for colitis,off high blood pressure (taken since 2001) prednisone down from 20mg to 5mg. A1c was helped also by lowering prednisone. I have really bad lungs (50%) from AO in Vietnam but it’s stable and now back to excerise for 2 weeks. Keep on hubby it helps

(KCKO, KCFO) #46

Happy you have seen so much improvement.

Thank you for your service, too.

(Susan) #47

This is great! It is awesome that you have had so many improvements to your blood pressure and lungs as well, it is terrific that you are so much healthier due to Keto.

(Marianne) #48

So happy for you both!

(Gary hoover) #50

Thanks doing soooo much better since keto

(Sharon b) #51

My husband and I have been on keto since October 2018. We’ve each lost 15-20 lbs. not outstanding but we both feel good and our cholesterol etc numbers are down.

(Susan) #52

That is great, Sharon, welcome to the forum =).

(Donna) #53

Hubby and I have been doing Keto for 2 yrs now…never going back feeling pain free and energetic is amazing …and also keeping up with the grandkids also a bonus …feeling better at 60 than at 35 …Keto on!!!

(Susan) #54

That is awesome, Donna =). I am still working on my hubby!

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #55

Don’t give up ! If your husband is even a little like me (a little thick skulled at times :wink: lol) it took me a full year to come to my senses ! My GF had started Keto a year before me, and kept raving about it… while I kept hammering on Maple Bars :0 lol Then one day, I stumbled across a Joe Rogan podcast,. where he and a guest were talking about how great Keto was, and all of the sudden a little light bulb in my head came on :slight_smile: lol Called my GF immediately to tell her about this “great new idea i had”, and she was like, “HELLO ! Where the heck have you been for the last year” ??? :slight_smile: lol Okay, so sometimes I’m a little slow :slight_smile:

(Susan) #56

Hehe, thanks Chris =). I know that when he is not able to work anymore and is home full time (when he will have to be on full time disability) that I can easily get him to do Keto then, as I cook all his food, and won’t have to pack him lunches, and he won’t be at the factory where they bring in donuts, and order pizza, etc at times. I was hoping to get him into it before then because I think it can really help his Parkinson’s. I do often give him a Keto supper though so that is a start =).

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #57

I sometimes wish I had a life-size muppet man that I could make talk for me. Then maybe it wouldn’t take so long for men, even good men, to hear what I am saying.

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #58

Well, it’s not just her that I have a hard time paying attention to. I’ve had ADD even before their was a term made up for it.
But on the brighter side, I’m so Obsessive Compulsive, that once I finally do get something in my head, I stick to it like few others :slightly_smiling_face:

(Donna) #59

I spent 3 months researching before starting…with all my history and brain washed thinking It took that long to understand it and make sense of it…but once we started neither of us have even thought about stopping…we just feel to good…

(Wendy) #60

Well today Mark’s the 41st wedding anniversary! For my husband and myself. Wouldnt trade the 41 yrs for anything. We have had a great marriage, And plan to continue to stack up the years. I am very Thankful!
On another note… I decided, after all that time to pull out my wedding dress. My mom suggested I try it on and maybe have a photo taken. Well… I now have a new goal. To get I to it. It’s about 6" short of zipping. 45# lost. But I think instead of # I will use it as a tool of measuring. And when it can zip. I will have it cleaned and have a professional photo taken.
Kind of depressing. But to think of how it wouldnt have fit 45# ago. :grimacing: well wel have a nice quiet steak and cauliflower mac and cheese. With a nice salad. And a great piece of fat bomb chocolate pie!
Have a wonderful day to everybody! :blush:

Congratulation! :clinking_glasses::clinking_glasses::clinking_glasses:to many, many more!!