How long does it take?

(Karen) #1

I did IF for months and feel like it made no difference. I’m going to try OMAD how long before it works…generally?

K

(Allan L) #2

OMAD made a difference in about 2-3 days for me. Been eating this way since 1 January and the lbs have come off nicely.

But I am strict OMAD other than herbal tea, black coffee and water.

(migorstmarseille) #3

My question would be “a difference in what”?

Everyone is different, and everyone’s goals are somewhat different. As @Brenda often says, “there is no keto rulebook”. Please keep that in mind. Be an N=1 and try different things along the keto spectrum. My original goal was to lose weight and manage my T2D. I did that, and when I plateaued I got frustrated, but paused to see what I got in return, and realized that scale weight isn’t the best barometer of keto success.

I started low carb, then keto, and this month I’m doing zero carb. While my waist has decreased, my inflammation has calmed, my mental clarity has improved greatly, for over a year I have not lost one single pound. But I’m OK with that. I know my A1C is normal, my glucose is great, I’m fat adapted. All good stuff. If you’re like me, you’ve been insulin resistant for a long, long time and reversing that condition may take a long time. Some people get amazing, quick, overnight results. I didn’t, but I’ve found that when the change happens slowly, the changes tend to stay. While my weight has plateaued, I haven’t gained, which is a first in my life.

Sorry to blather on. I don’t know and don’t presume to know if you’ve had any other positive results from what you’re doing, but if you aren’t, research, read up, ask questions. This forum has really led me to a lot of good things to ponder. YMMV. Hope your journey gets better.

Depends on the person. You’ll know soon enough. I fall into OMAD most of the time. But I tend to be very slow with respect to scale weight loss. So if I have the need to bump things along, I go a little longer with fasting (e.g 36-42h) and that shakes things up. But still only a little. KCKO is a very constant mantra for me.