How I broke a 7 week stall FWIW

(Kristen Ann) #1

Just sharing in case this helps someone. I was stalled for about 7 weeks. I was eating mostly fatty protein and occasionally with a vegetable or additional fat. I got really lazy with cooking so it was easy to just cook a fatty protein as meal and call it good. In that 7 weeks I was changing up my eating/fasting schedule and did 2 EFs and 2 “carb-ups” (not for weight loss reasons). None of this resulted in weight loss.

Then I noticed when I ate keto pizza as an OMAD my weight would drop the next day. So I started upping my fat and decreasing my protein to 60-80 g. I added HWC and cream cheese back into my diet and have gone back to food prepping meals. I even had my FIRST BPC this week.

The upsides are:
(1) continued weight loss
(2) tasty foods like stuffed chicken/pork, soups, keto lasagna and pastas, etc.
(3) my body generally feels better eating moderate amounts of protein instead of high protein

The downsides are:
(1) having to meal prep
(2) my carbs are creeping up with the additional sources of fat and ingredients
(3) if I keep protein levels at this level long term I won’t have a reason to hunt elk every year!!

(Laurie) #2

Thanks for the tip! I’ve been stuck too. . . .

(Full Metal KETO AF) #3

You still have to eat @kaclp ! You’re lucky to have access to wild game meat. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Kristen Ann) #4

But its like 300 lbs of meat… and just me. I might have to switch to smaller game. Like rabbits. :rofl: Just kidding. Yes, I’m very lucky.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #5

Rabbits are yummy stuff! I’m thinking about shooting some squirrels next year when my walnut tree is full, them and the coons make a huge mess everyday. A raccoon got in my house through the cat door while I was on vacation in Florida. He ate the cat food and my cat left the day before I came home. Haven’t seen her in two weeks. :cry: Anyone have any good raccoon recipes? :cowboy_hat_face:

(Kristen Ann) #6

We have this issue at work all the time. The racoon gets into the cat and fish food and poohs everywhere. It’s a HORRIBLE smell. We eventually had to start putting two 5-gallon buckets in front of the cat door and hope that cat would find shelter if it got stuck outside at night. Two buckets, bc the racoon could push one bucket far enough out of the way to get through the door. Must have been a stout racoon…

(Full Metal KETO AF) #7

@kaclp Watch out! They eat brains :scream:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2019/02/16/zombie-deer-chronic-wasting-disease-could-affect-humans/2882550002/

:cowboy_hat_face:

(Kristen Ann) #8

Yeah it was a matter of time before CWD came to MT. Luckily I don’t shoot at zombie-like animals! :grin:

(Adriana Gutierrez) #9

So basically, your “lazy eating” drifted to too high a protein and not enough fat?

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #10

Wear gloves when picking up the poo. Those suckers carry Raccoon Roundworm which is a particularly nasty version and we can get it. They’re cute but gross little shits.

(Kristen Ann) #11

I can easily eat 120+ grams of protein a day. If I keep protein around 70 grams a day, the scale seems to drop. I have to work to keep protein that low and I have to eat more fat to stay full.

(Kristen Ann) #12

:face_vomiting:

(Bunny) #13

What’s in that pizza?

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #14

I use the Fathead recipe, so it’s cheese, cheese, egg, some almond flour, and the toppings—pepperoni for me!

(Kristen Ann) #15

Fathead dough, alfredo sauce, and veggies.

(Jane) #16

We had a cat door on our back door in Houston but DEFINITELY NOT on my house here in Arkansas! Too many wild critters so the cats have to wait for us to let them in and out.

Hope your kitty comes home soon David.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #17

@Janie I just found out someone captured my kitty and took her to kitty jail where she was adopted my some strangers.

:sleepy::cry::sob::tired_face::weary::frowning::disappointed::broken_heart:

(Kristen Ann) #18

Ahhh, that’s terrible. I’m sorry to hear that!

(Candy Lind) #19

I could think of an address in Austin that will accept any surplus you might have. :smiling_imp: I have a hunter friend that invariably gives all his venison to his kids. How irritating! LOL

(Kristen Ann) #20

:rofl: