Can’t find time to exercise

I imagine this is what most people think, I know I did. It’s only when you understand the basics of science that creates fat stores and how you put your body into fat burning, that it becomes clear being overweight is actually little to do with not exercising and more to do with breaking yourself and causing a Metabolic syndrome!

Dumbbell or barbell complexes can provide a quick (but intense) workout too. Here’s one example using dumbbells:

That video came from this article:

(Syeda) #19

Thank you 20 minutes seems like a nice walk amount short and doable

(Syeda) #20

Oh podcasts can you recommend any please ?

(Syeda) #21

Thank you

(CharleyD) #22

It is more important to provide regular movement throughout the day than to be sedentary all day and then blow it out with an exercise class.

One benefit of attempting to drink a gallon of water a day is that you’ll likely be up at least once an hour to visit the facilities.

(Taleisha Collins) #23

I would say to just incorporate more movement into your day - walk instead of driving short distances, take the stairs instead of the elevator, do 10 squats during a potty break. Even that small bit of “exercise” can help energize you and clear your brain making the studying a bit easier. :slight_smile:

(LeeAnn Brooks) #24

Well that sucks for those of us with desk jobs.

(Allie) #25

I welcome every chance to get up and move at work and that includes toilet visits, where I do body weight squats etc to help offset the desk job.

(LeeAnn Brooks) #26

Yes, I look for every excuse to get up, but even so, I don’t get real exercise until/unless I can fit a run in for the day. Otherwise I have a very hard time hitting even 10,000 steps. More often on days when I can’t run, I’m around 6-8k on my FitBit.

(Chris) #27

10 min walks. couple times a day. Pretty easy to sneak away for 10 min.

Check out Ted Naiman’s explanation of high-intensity exercise. He recommends a 12-minute routine 1-3x/ week.

Twelve minutes. Extremely intense twelve minutes, but still! Brutal but effective.

I do a lot of things and love all of them but if I had to choose only one, resistance training to failure would be it, and you can do it with bodyweight exercises (even better if you have access to a pull-up bar) so minimal (or no) equipment needed.

(karen) #29

I was going to suggest getting a standing desk.

(Erin Wilson) #30

Two Keto Dudes
The Obesity Code
Break Nutrition

Exercise isn’t required for weightloss, but it helps and it’s great for overall health. On the no time thing, there’s always time. Whether you want to give up certain times for the exercise is your choice, no judgment, but don’t kid yourself. I work typically 9-10hr days, gotta grab the kid from daycare, do all my house stuff, I’m the cook of the house so I got that etc. Also doing some stuff online to grab some more certs so there’s study and online work for that which I need to get in weekly. So instead of waking up at 5-6 to be at work by 7, I get up at 330-400 to get in the gym by 5 and out and ready to be at work on time. Would I RATHER be sleeping later…YUP! But that’s the only time I have control over, so it’s either loose some sleep or not get it done.

You don’t need to read research studies to know that exercising will be beneficial to your results in the long run. It’s simple, no need to complicate it. If you can exercise after you loose 40lbs and plateau, you can exercise now and possibly not plateau! Never put off till tomorrow what you can do today!

(Terence Dean) #32

Get one of these, rain, hail or snow you still get to run or walk. :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s a bitch! Exercise would help the joint pain, but can’t excercise… because of the joint pain! I’ve recently drank the kool-aid on colagen peptides and WOW! In a couple weeks my shoulder which has sounded like a pack of firecrackers every morning has stopped the loud cracking and pain, I’ve always made it worse on shoulder day at the gym, but screw that thing! It’s really helped though. If your joint’s are still screwing with you worth giving it a try.

(Frank) #34

I didn’t start doing any exercise until 3-4 months into it. I trusted the diet 90% activity 10% equation for the first time in my life and it worked. Now that I’m 6 months in and 45 lbs down I do a 10 min core exercise 3-4 times a week and some calisthenics here and there. I may start to integrate some resistance band exercises in the near future. Point is I’m not worrying about the exercise part because the weight loss itself has made me feel and look better than I can remember. I see people running with a lot of extra body weight and I just want to tell them about Keto. Wouldn’t running be much more satisfying if you weren’t carrying that extra weight along for the ride? Not to mention the unnecessary joint damage that they’re doing to themselves.

(Robert C) #35

You seem to have study and work as primary in your schedule and I think you have found general agreement that exercise is not essential to do well on keto but, there is another big rock.

Here is some (I know, not-asked-for) advice - you might want to not let work and study interfere with your sleep.

Keto works because you are focusing on manipulating your hormones (vs. just restricting calories) and regularly getting 5 hours of sleep when you really need 7 will likely counteract your keto efforts (simply because too little sleep and / or low-quality sleep negatively affects your hormones - potentially enough to make your keto efforts nearly worthless).

(Empress of the Unexpected) #37