How do you stay below 20g of carbs per day and not starve?

The SAD is high fat and high carb. The lowering of either macro nutrient is an improvement. Low fat high carb diets have improved the health of many people because it reduces sugar consumption and focuses on real foods. Alternatively, a “keto” diet even if it’s not low enough in carbs to result in a state of ketosis, is still a vast improvement over the SAD.

Whether a newbie is considering a keto diet, Ornish, Atkins, vegan, Paleo, raw, DASH, TLC, Mediterranean, all are an improvement over the typical diet they’re likely eating. No warning is necessary. And perfect execution is not needed. Just do it.

(Norma Singleterry) #63

I would like to try this. Do you just whip it up and eat it? How long do you whip it up for? Do you let it set in the fridge. Thank in advance.

(Tina Emmons) #64

F-A-T! More fat. Carbs by volume don’t fill you up. Fat does, and keeps you satisfied longer. If you’re new, you are switching off glucose burning and switching on fat burning. Let yourself eat as much fat as you can until you’re fat adapted and your hunger will subside.

(Lisa D) #65

Fat bombs! More fat bombs. They are delish and will stave off hunger. you can make a batch that will last weeks in 10 mins. Also put a tablespoon of MCT oil in your salads to get in more fat. Pat of grass fed butter on dinner meat or a tablespoon of avocado mayo ranch on it. (I make my own but there are some good store bought avocado mayos in health food stores - read the ingredient label!)

(Karen) #66

Don’t forget brie! Nom nom.

K

(Mike W.) #67

Low fat high carb diets decrease sugar consumption…?

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #68

Without reading everything else:
1- reduce the spinach. If it’s not working well for you, cut it down or eliminate it

2- Crawl, Walk, Run, Fly. You don’t need the ACV. Maybe you will want it later, but get the basics of 20g carbs, HFLCPP down before finessing it

3- chicken is very lean. Replace with something with higher fat.

4- snacking is unnecessary and possibly counter productive.

5- since you aren’t diabetic, you could probably tolerate more protein. If you are hungry, eat something that is rich in protein and fat. That should sort ya out.

Keep it simple, Bikman style. Control carbs, prioritize protein, fill with fat.

(Lonnie Hedley) #69

OP hasn’t been seen in over 6 months. How did this thread get revived?

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #70

Mike posted 22 minutes ago, so top of the list.

(Michele Goodson) #71

Glad it got revived…I found some of the info interesting and useful. :slight_smile: