(Margie) #22

:blush::blush::laughing::blush::+1:

(Margie) #23

:laughing::laughing::laughing::blush:

(Jane- Old Inky Crone) #24

:joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

(L. Amber O'Hearn) #25

I just say I don’t eat plants.

older thread but in a restaurant circumstance the waitress doesn’t want to know obviously as you guys mentioned. The OP isn’t mortifying their family eating out I am sure LOL

if truly asked why I eat like this I say all plants carry toxicity to some level, only thing the physical body requires to exist is protein and fat and I say that I believe the body was meant to be a ketone burning vessel, not a glucose burning vessel that modern man turned it into.

With that little statement people’s eyes glaze over immediately and they don’t even want further info so I just say then go read…zero carb this and that on the internet, eat meat, drink water site, research Dr Berry, and others who walked into carnivore. But I doubt any of them do as I suggested :slight_smile:

(Elizabeth ) #27

I tell people I’m working with my doctor on improving my health and longevity. I tell them I am eating an elimination diet. And that I’m having great results thank you very much. :wink:

I wouldn’t bother. If I just want meat I’ll politely request just meat without attempting to justify.
If anyone is interested they’ll ask but we live in such a self absorbed narcissistic culture that many get their knickers twisted if you challenge their long held assumptions about diet and nutrition.

challenge their………ANYTHING.

I so get what you are saying bob. It is true.

(hottie turned hag) #30

Don’t take this as mean, I genuinely don’t understand why you/your fam would be “mortified” by your eating only meat at a restaurant? I don’t worry about the server’s views on my orders?

I can assure you the server could not care less, in any case. Think about it.

That’s where being gracious about things comes in handy. My Mom was a waitress. In lean times after my parents split those tips put food in my belly. I am always kind to wait staff because that job can be a real b****.
And yeah, like @BlueViolet said, the server could usually care less.

As for family…I could care less what they think of how I eat. :smile: