How do I contact an Admin?

(Cheryl Meadows) #1

I created 3 accounts and finally realized it has to be either facebook or gmail…and only if you click the link, plus it won’t accept any other email address, so I did finally get signed up but now it won’t let me log in with my username and password, even though I am signed in because I am able to reply. I’m afraid if I get logged out I will not be able to log back in again.

So I’m pretty sure it’s because it is not sending out the email confirmations. I didn’t get any on either of the 3 accounts. But the last one actually logged me in and that’s why I can reply.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #2

@PaulL @richard

Is the forum seriously forcing Facebook Logins or Gmail only? I don’t use either but I’ve been around a while. If so, that’s a huge spit in the face to anybody that respects their privacy.

I think it’s more likely related to the issue Richard posted here: Forums are a little grumpy right now

I certainly haven’t had any emails from these forums for a long while (whereas I used to get one if someone replied to one of my posts).

Mail is tricky with webhosts - it’s one of the things I do in my day job. A fairly thankless task.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #5

No, the forum is not forcing logins from Facebook or Gmail only. But you do have to have some sort of e-mail account somewhere.

What e-mails you receive are supposedly settable from your profile page. Give it a day or to before you decide that the changes didn’t take. There is sometimes lag in the system.

Lastly, to answer the title question of this topic: You can contact the admin staff by sending a private message to @ forum_admin (but omitting the space, of course).

(Cold Cynic) #6

I’m having the same problem. Now I have two accounts and I can’t access the one that has all my activity.
Can I merge them somehow?

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #7

What is your other account called?

I believe I may have found it, so what seems to be the trouble with it? What happens when you try to log on?

(Sarah Sim) #8

Good Morning,

I joined the forum some time ago, but logged in with Facebook. Then in January 2020 I go the message 'Error Feature unavailable: Facebook login is currently unavailable for this app.

Since then I have tried getting other members to contact someone on the forum, I have tried joining with different email addresses, but no joy.

This week I tried to use Streamyard on a Facebook group, which didn’t work, so I went to remove the consent. Whilst there I found the ketogenic Forum as expired, so I removed it. I then tried to register for the Ketogenic forum again, but none of my previous email addresses worked. So I got a new gmail email and was able to register.

I would really like to go back to my old ketogenic registration id, how do I do this? Or you do I need to speak to?
Thank you.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #9

@PaulL @dlc96_darren @Digital_Dave

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #10

And @forum_admin

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #11

Haha, I kept trying @admin. Knew that wasn’t right but couldn’t remember what it was.

(Richard Morris) #12

hmmm I’ll look into the connection with Facebook - maybe I need to reregister something

Ahh I think FB had turned it off. I have reset it and I think it should work now.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #13

@SarahSim

(Sarah Sim) #14

I’m back. Thank you very much to @PaulL and @richard. I wasn’t able to log in before with my username. So that Facebook reset must have worked, but I won’t be using Facebook login anymore. I will use my email address in future.

It’s so great to be back.