Homemade version of IHOP's chicken fajita omelet

(James) #1

Turned out amazing!

(Full Metal KETO AF) #2

I’m just curious because I don’t know much about carnivore but it looks like tomatoes are in there and eggs have carbs too. Does this fit in with zero carb?

(James) #3

I did use a tbsp of pico in the mixture. Eggs as long as I’ve know do not contain carbohydrates alone?

There are different variables of carnivore per se.
Four grams of carbohydrates from a tbsp of pico won’t effect me at all:wink:. Especially with my work out regimen and little to no food sensitivities.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #4

It probably won’t matter in your case but 1 lg. egg has 0.6 carbs. The chart you posted has obviously used the “less than 1 gram can be put down as zero” loophole. But a 3 egg omelet with nothing added will be about 1.8 carbs. Significant if you eat several eggs per day. I have seen some people on here who eat 5 or 6 daily without counting them. Hidden carbs can put you over. Your omelette looks tasty! I would eat it. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #5

Actually, a lot of people call it zero carb/carnivore for this reason. Muslce meat can contain carbohydrate in the form of stored glycogen, as well. Basically the diet consists entirely of animal foods and water, and any incidental carbohydrate is ignored.

Some ZC/carnivores make an exception for coffee, tea, and chocolate, on the grounds that these are medicines, not plant foods. If I ever went this route, it would be ZC/carnivore/coffee, because they will have to pry my coffee mug from my cold, dead hands! :coffee::coffee: