Holy moly, 10 days in and i feel like $1mm

newbies

(Nicole Brandell) #1

This is my second chance giving keto a try. After 10 days I have lost 8 pounds. I have a pep in my step and it feels like the cobwebs have been cleared out of my brain.

I did have keto flu bad. It started on day one and gave me such a bad headache that I was throwing up all night. The first night was the worst but the headache and nausea subsided each day. On the fifth day I woke up and just wanted to get after it. I struggle with anxiety and poor sleep so this was an amazing feeling.

I did 2 things differently this time from the first time I tried keto (my n=1 for getting started). I am not allowing myself macadamia nuts or artificially sweetened treats because I am a nervous eater and last time it didn’t feel like I was embracing a new lifestyle just trading in one addiction for another. This time I am focusing on my hunger and eating when hungry. My appetite has dropped dramatically which makes it easier not to emotionally eat.

I am only just beginning but feel very empowered in this new way of eating. Thank you for the support of this group and the podcast!

(Tom Seest) #2

Cool. It only gets better, but not always…:sunglasses:

(Keto in Katy) #3

Glad to hear this!

Similar thing here. I started in 2013, didn’t have keto flu but about two weeks or so into it: BOOM. The energy and mental clarity I felt was stunning. I had just turned 51.

Four years later and it is still great. I have never felt so good.

(Madge Boldt) #4

That is impressive weight loss and great to hear that you are feeling so well! I am 5 weeks in and am just starting to feel more energy. We are all different! My favorite thing is the loss of hunger and sugar cravings. What a relief!

(Richard Hanson) #5

Congratulation Nicole! That is a fantastic start.

I remember many repetitive episodes of starving even while stuffing myself late at night and thinking; “I am killing myself”. Keto is a new life, a shedding of a massive burden off the bones, off the emotions, and off the soul. I am continually amazed, “Holy moly”.

Keto for life!

Best Wishes,
Richard

Rocking it. Well done you. x