Holy fat adapted work out

(Joe) #1

So I’ve been sick, still kinda am… But had a bunch of energy. Been keto about two.months pretty sure I was far adapted until today… When I knew I was fat adapted. I have been running 1-2 miles but struggling prior to hitting weights for 30 mins a slugging out of the gym. Today… Man I felt a machine. Cranked out two miles in 16 minutes went to the weights and was able to really push the limit. After squats curls skull crushers flys planks rows. I went back upstairs and out another 8 minute mile. I was at gym for.close to 90 minutes Came home and did yard work for 2 hours and played with the kids outside. I have no idea how ill feel tomorrow but I know I’ve never felt that way before.

Anybody experience this? It seems a little bit the opposite what mist people are experiencing or what I read to expect.

Congrats! I’ve noticed an increase in energy and productivity as well. It’s pretty awesome if you ask me. :blush:

(Pete A) #3

I have long days I’m fire too, gym, yard, hours long brisk walks.

Ketopia.

ENJOY!

(Will Madams) #4

Welcome to the fat fueled athlete realm, next will be triathlons and marathons power-lifting and adventure racing. its terrifyingly brilliant!

(Duncan Kerridge) #5

Sounds like you just earned your endless energy badge. Welcome to the club

(Joe) #6

So here’s a question… I decided to up my protein a tad today as I’m about to go on a 48 fast Monday and Tuesday and possibly into Wednesday. Going back to gym on tuesday trying to get some HGH benefits. Does anyone time their workouts to take advantage of this? Do you find success?

(Duncan Kerridge) #7

Without blood tests it’s all guesswork, I just exercise as normal when i’m fasting.

(Joe) #8

Reasonable to expect this as typical or occasional?ever concerned of over exercising?

(Duncan Kerridge) #9

No danger of that :wink:. The increased energy seems typical for me now, I never worry about running out if i’m exercising or working around the house, walking / whatever.

I was building a cabin with my younger brother earlier in the year. He’s always been fitter / slimmer than me. I was surprised how quickly he got out of breath / tired when we were doing heavy work. It never seems to happen to me now.