Hiking NSV

(Kathy Meyer) #1

Hiking has always been one of my favorite things to do but dragging an extra 120 pounds up a mountain isn’t for the faint of heart (oh wait, that is what it felt like sometimes). Anyway, it was a beautiful day down here in New Mexico and we went for a hike. It was incredible! I didn’t huff and puff, my knees weren’t sore, and I was able to keep up with my husband. And that’s just 75 pounds down. Now I have a new goal of a destination with beautiful waterfalls that I wasn’t able to get to before, and I’m planning on getting there this Spring sometime – that really will be a NSV.

Now you can carry a heavy pack if you want to be reminded what it felt like before. Several pieces of cast iron cookware should do the trick. And you can make bacon!

Love it! Congrats on your success! :evergreen_tree::cactus:

I’m down 35 and the difference hauling myself up mountains is huge. It’s so much easier!

(Kathy Meyer) #4

Hahaha – I’d rather carry up the cooked bacon and have for a treat at the top!

(eljay716) #5

Being able to do things you once loved is a great NSV!

(Lisa F) #6

Isn’t that an awesome feeling?! Congratulations! You’ll be running up by this time next year :slight_smile:

(Danielle) #7

I’m down almost 50lbs and I was able to go hiking and keep up with my 70 years young mother (mom is in red). It felt great.