Highest Ketone Reading (for me anyway)

fasting
progress
ketones

(What The Fast?!) #22

Been doing some n=1 and I’m pretty excited to share my results!

Yesterday, I went on a 30 mile ride, had a small meal afterward and then FEASTED last night! Steak tartare, garlic butter scallops, bacon brussel sprouts, tuna himachi, bone marrow, and a ribeye (all shared with the b/f). Had a couple glasses of champagne with dinner, and then at the end of dinner the server brought out a surprise birthday dessert. It’s this insanely rich butter cake with a scoop of ice cream and house made whipped cream. We didn’t want to be rude, so we each had a couple small bites. (FYI it was incredible.)

I was worried the bites of dessert and champagne would take me out of ketosis. I tested this AM and am pleased to say I’m at 2.4 blood ketones! I also tested with my cheap breathalyzer and got readings between 0.05 and 0.07.

My assessment is that after a huge workout, the body is a bit more forgiving with a carb slip up. I definitely won’t be eating a sugary dessert regularly, but it’s REALLY good to know that after a big workout, a bite or two of something non-keto isn’t detrimental (for my n=1 anyway).

Different company, but good idea. I think I will try that - at least so
they get the feedback that this is happening

Abby Stoddard
Tel: +1.917.744.5541
www.humanitarianoutcomes.org

(Amy pettis) #24

I have the same/similar Greenwon breathalizer, any idea as to how the readings it provides converts to mmols?

(Matthew Gibson) #25

I use Nova strips too. at first i had a few errors, one problem was not enough blood, the maybe 2 strips errored right away when inserting but with one of them i pulled it out, wiped it off with a dry towel and reinserted and it worked.

(What The Fast?!) #26

There’s another thread on this. I created a whole comparison on it! Search “cheap breathalyzer in the search bar.”