High Protein Modified "Keto + Fasting" muscle building with low fat

(Karim Wassef) #361

Have to admit - I’m pretty discouraged but I’m not giving up…

(Karim Wassef) #362

I’m planning on being a high protein carnivore for the vacation too - so that’s almost all of July.

Also - I’ll probably stop fasting if I can. I want my daily dose of eggs and I can’t have that at dinner, so I’ll be adding more meals. This will be just carnivore - no OMAD (as much as I can).

I haven’t had almonds in nearly a week so I’m “holding”. I’m also cutting back on the pickled ginger and pickles in general. My only plant content is the following:

Coffee
Cacao (spoon)
MCT (teaspoon)
Ginger juice (spoon)
ACV (spoon)
Seasonings
Lettuce & Celery (media for wraps)

Yesterday I had a nice variety of fish and seafood:
Salmon baked
Tuna steak seared
Sea bass grilled
Shrimp

And the day before, I added:
Cod liver
Sardines
Anchovies
Tuna chunk

Heading to the pool :smiley:

(Little Miss Scare-All) #363

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

(Karim Wassef) #364

Just being scientific about it. :smiley:

(Little Miss Scare-All) #365

So do you know what state you’re gonna land in yet?

(Karim Wassef) #366

I’ll tell you tomorrow… but you’re probably going to get your wish. :smiley:

(Little Miss Scare-All) #367

Oooooo I’m so excited to find out. When you reveal, please tag me so I don’t miss it.:grin::grin::grin:

(Karim Wassef) #368

Ok… here it is…

(Karim Wassef) #369

Hackettstown, New Jersey - the garden state!

About an hour west of Manhattan and an hour east of the Poconos

(Little Miss Scare-All) #370

Awwwww been there many times to go hiking over at High Point. It’s a great place for hikes n camping. Usually stop at the Shoprite in Hackettstown for some snacks before we go.

It’s definitely quaint and middle of nowhere. You can get a really nice house for pretty cheap.

Yayyyy we’re gonna be State Mates!

When is this happening?

Oh, Great Master of Graphs and Charts, do you have something with GKI vs fat:protein ratio? Maybe throw calories and RMR in there too?

(Doug) #372

𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒈𝒂𝒓𝒅𝒆𝒏 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒕𝒆 - well now that is being excessively kind… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Karim Wassef) #373

end of July… right after I get back from Cancun. :smiley:

(Karim Wassef) #374

I have the data but I haven’t looked at it that way. It’s also tricky because it’s likely to be phase delayed.

My GKI before and after a meal can change a lot, but it’s a function of more than just the F:P ratio… it’s likely got a lot to do with the underlying state before eating and the amount of fat and protein (not just the ratio) relative to my weight…

RMR would be a little more tricky since the data is only one every few weeks vs. GKI that’s 5x a day… :smiley:

Let me see what I can do.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #375

Oh wow that’s so soon! Are you selling your place or keeping it?

(Karim Wassef) #376

Relocation is a distraction and since I’ll be traveling most of the time, where the girls and wifey are is immaterial… so for now, they’re mostly in Texas and I’ll be all over.

That’s a concern but I plan to make the most of the time we’re together.

My exercise and diet (and stress) will also be factors in my health - so I’ll need to adapt :smile:

(Little Miss Scare-All) #377

Will you be working in Hackettstown or somewhere else?

(Karim Wassef) #378

Hackettstown is the HQ and it’s where I’ll be working but my role requires 50-75% travel.

That’s why I see relocation as a distraction - it doesn’t really help wifey and the kids to move and still only see me for one week a month (same as not relocating).

For me, it would be time and effort that distracts me from the new role. I’d rather focus on the work needed. :smile:

So … I’m relocating. Wifey and the girls are not… but I’ll be home most weekends. That’s 2 days every week…

Also, I’ve set up a massive 82” UHD 4K TV with 4K Skype so I’m like a massive floating head at home… my 8 year old thinks daddy is a massive video game and goes bonkers when I skype.

(Susan) #379

Aww =). Well it is way easier because of things like skype in the modern day, then it was in the past at least. My daughters were in Australia for a month and we Facetimed a lot, so the internet is great for that. Just imagine all the couples during the various wars who could only keep in touch via letters, etc. for years.

I am sure that it will be hard, but manageable =). My hubby was in the Canadian Armed Forces for 18 years, so I know what it is like to be an army wife with little kids. Best wishes to you and your family, Skype and Facebook are very great mediums for keeping in touch, for sure =).

(Little Miss Scare-All) #380

Man, good luck with all of that. You’re a hard woker. :metal: