High Protein Modified "Keto + Fasting" muscle building with low fat

(Mario) #261

Karim, somehow you get the same answer all over, just a different direction.

your workout sucks. :innocent:

(Karim Wassef) #262

Thanks. :laughing:

I don’t agree but it’s not as effective for me as yours is for you.

I’ve even had a trainer to spot improvements and he says I’m doing it right and pushing hard.

(Mario) #263

and THAT is exactly what you need to change!

every bitch will tell you, you are good! you paid her!

(Karim Wassef) #264

May not be my workout. Could be my biology or diet or stress or sleep… Don’t know.

(Mark Rhodes) #265

I put together a fast little chart. i have been doing some insulin and HGH investigations this year at 72 or 96 hours fasted. You can see my fast really drive my insulin to almost zero. I believe this catapults me from deriving almost all energy from fat & ketones to when I break to having insulin do a very good job at storing for the next potential “famine”. There are only four data points so far.

(Mario) #266

ohh please, you are data driven. 2x in same direction is an exeption, 3x is already a rule!

(Karim Wassef) #267

3x opinion isn’t data :joy:

(Mario) #268

hell… dont turn!

(Little Miss Scare-All) #269

^^^— What I say every time I check your thread.

(mole person) #270

Dude, you look fantastic!

(Mark Rhodes) #271

Blush. Thank you. I have always wanted to compliment you as well but I am cautious giving women a compliment as I never wish to be seen as “that guy”.

(mole person) #272

Oh, trust me, I’m not the sort to get offended when a gent gives a compliment. So thank you! :blush:

(Karim Wassef) #273

Welcome to Lake Wobegon, where all the women are strong, all the men are good-looking, and all the children are above average.

(mole person) #274

Ok, all this talk is making me want to get more serious about tracking my own progress.

You guys are inspiring me!

I’m going to have to use my scale though. I’m hours away from the nearest dexa facility and likely too cheap to be willing to pay for it anyway.

Will the scale do to give some long term trend data? I know it’s not accurate, mine tells me I’m about 17% body fat which is ridiculous, but I’m hoping I can count in it to give me the direction my fat and lean are heading over months.

(Bob M) #275

DEXA is expensive where I live, $150 each.

(Bob M) #276

My DEXA scans over about 1 year.

This sent to be the rate I’m losing/gaining now too.

(Mark Rhodes) #277

if you can add a hand held model. Then you would have semi accurate recording of legs and arms, which by necessity would include the upper torso and gynoid region . Add a cheap pair of skin fold calipers for the mid section ( i did, its quick and done daily you get a good feel). Between the three I think you would have something that could be confirmed by the mirror.

(Karim Wassef) #278

Wow. You’re gaining lean mass while losing fat too. I’m humbled by your successes guys. I am very adept at losing fat quickly… muscle gain still eludes me.

I do suspect that my stress is breaking me down faster than I can build it up.

(Karim Wassef) #279

It’s only $60 for me

(Bob M) #280

Well, I was also recovering from shoulder surgery, which I’m sure had some effect. That’s probably why the quick uptick at the end, I was finally able to lift heavier.

$60 is a good price. Where I am, there are very few with the software to measure body fat.