High Ketone Reading- not losing weight

(Ally) #1

Hi everyone!

Question, I have done keto before briefly for 2 months and lost 25 pounds! Woo! I started again for the summer 3 weeks ago and just I’ve been getting large ketone readings, but I haven’t lost anything after the first week? I’m about to add a workout in but other than that I don’t know what to do.

Help!!

(Ron) #2

(Shawn Cahoe) #3

shawn cahoe. Iv been doing keto for almost 4 weeks and have only been in ketosis( slightly) two times. I am strict with my protein ass well as my carbs (20) a day and 100 gr a day for my protein. I am a 52 yo male standing 6 foot tall and I weight 290 pounds, and iv lost a total of 5 pounds since starting the diet. This morning when I woke up I tested my urine and, although slight is what the pee stick read, at last I was in ketosis. But as soon as I ate breakfast of two eggs and two strips of bacon with two slices of cheese with black coffee, my ketosis stopped. I then figured I would go for a work out for 30 min to try and kickstart ketosis but again nothing. Is there something I am missing? Can you tell me why I keep going in and out of ketosis? Please advise.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #4

The strips are not accurate. A blood monitor is a much better idea. I was showing nothing with the strips but always register on the blood monitor.

(Edith) #5

Your body does secrete insulin to process protein. Once your meal is processed and the nutrients used by your body, then you will start utilizing fat and creating ketones again. That is why you don’t want to eat too frequently. You need to give your body a chance to burn fat.

Exercise, especially cardio, will also increase your blood glucose. That doesn’t mean it’s bad, it just means don’t test your ketones right after exercising.

(Shawn Cahoe) #6

Thanks for the info

(Katherine Borchert) #7

I have read a lot about IF but didn’t plan to do it. I guess the day has arrived. My weight is stuck after losing 55 lbs. after reading your comments, it looks like that is what it will take. I will cut back on fat and frequency now.
Thanks for the information, I was getting discouraged.