High fat cocktails?

(Steak and iron) #1

So many of the cocktails that people mention are some sort of sugar free mixer and some sort of distilled alcohol and that’s it. No sugar, no fat, no protein, all calories coming from the alcohol.

Now that’s all well and good but I’m curious about two things: One is whether there exists any science on the effects of consuming alcohol and fats in the same way that consuming carbohydrates and fats together seem especially harmful. The other is IF this is not a bad idea, let’s share some high-fat keto cocktails!

I’m partial to diet root beer, bourbon, and heavy cream. Tastes like a root beer float. I call it a Fat Boy!

(I like to post memes!) #2

[quote=“stupidrobots, post:1, topic:5001”]
I call it a Fat Boy!
[/quote] :heart:

What would you name it if you replace HWC with coconut cream?

Modify as you see fit (sugar cube removal) but I make Buena Vista’s Irish Coffee often. It’s basically Bullet Proof Coffee & Jameson! I use my immersion blender to whip my heavy cream and add a pump of sugar free vanilla syrup instead of a sugar cube.

http://www.thebuenavista.com/home/irishcoffee.html

(Sondra Rose) #5

My fave is brandy with HWC. I call it a Brandy Sondra!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Sondra Rose) #6

Ash Simmonds is the king of Keto plus alcohol. His website is www.highsteaks.com.

(Guardian of the bacon) #7

Bloody mary with a Bacon slice in place of the celery stick?

The problem is most alcoholic drinks are served cold and most fats congeal at cold temps.

(Scott Shillady) #8

How about a proper BPC with vodka? Nothing like a wide awake Drunk!!

(Larry Lustig) #9

Bloody Mary made with real blood!

(John) #10

The Gorbachev, a fat white Russian. Regular white Russian with heavy cream and some coffee and sweetner or get fancy with 0 carb coffee liquer

(Steak and iron) #11

You know i’ve been interested in the idea of cooking with blood lately, saw some traditional cooking on Netflix a bit ago and it looked amazing.

(Guardian of the bacon) #12

I hope your talking …like pork blood or cows blood…this could go sideways real fast.

(Larry Lustig) #13

Remember, you can’t spell jfricke without I-C-K.

(Guardian of the bacon) #14

You have a very valid point… a little play on words could be had with your name as well…but that seems…just wrong…:fearful:

(Sam Perez) #15

“Flips” are becoming popular in some trendy cocktail clubs. For example a Manhattan Flip is when you make a Manhattan, put it in a shaker, crack an entire egg into it, and shake it up. Haven’t tried these yet but if this keeps up cocktails with fat in them may be more common in the coming years.

(Siobhan) #16

Egg nog would be doable, with heavy cream and almond milk instead of whatever it normally is. Either no sweetener or some erythritol/whatever. I’ve done it before… it’s really good.

I also sometimes do heavy cream + vodka + rum. Not sure what that would be though lol.

Or do dark chocolate, heavy cream, espresso shot (?) and vodka for a fat white russian.

For some reason i can drink a few glasses of wine in the evening and it has little impact on my ketosis. However, when I drink a simple no carb vodka and diet ginger i totally lose it.
I will now attempt a mixed drink adding my choc exogenous ketone mix, coffee, heavy cream and vodka. Hopefully, this will work : )
Any advice out there?