High fat cancer link claim

(Miss E) #1

Came across some anti-keto stuff on youtube today which brought me to this article. To be honest I only skimmed it but from what I can tell the oils used are ones we try to avoid anyway.

Thoughts?

(Trish) #2

I haven’t read the article but I can say that indeed some cancers are fat fuelled. My mom was just diagnosed with stage IV M1C melanoma with mets to lungs and liver. The BRAF mutation variant of this cancer is indeed fat fuelled and a low-fat diet is recommended. Additionally, there have been positive results for patients who have been put on statins. Since there is some level of heredity with respect to gene mutations and malignant melanoma, I’ll be talking to my own oncologist (thyroid) at the end of the month when I have my next appointment. I sure hope he doesn’t recommend eating low fat.

(Allie) #3

It’s in the Express, I won’t even waste time reading it :joy:

(TJ Borden) #4

There were no references to studies provided, or specifics on what was done. The only thing they offered as their description of a high fat meal was a picture of a burger and fries. Can anyone guess what else might be high in that meal???

(Diane) #5

I would want to know if it was a diet high in PUFAs.

Right away I noticed the picture at the top of the article showing a burger with a bun and some French fries next to it. They must be referring to a high fat / high carb diet, not keto.