"Hidden Treat"

(Roxanne) #1

So my husband has always been supportive of my weight loss efforts during my roller coaster of dieting during our marriage. In 2004/2005 I was doing WW, trying to get into shape for a hiking trip in Peru. As encouragement, he put together a bunch of little gifts, each with a new weight target on it. There were two packages that I never earned because I never made it down to those weights, and they’ve been sitting in my office cupboard ever since. And of course I gained it all back, and more, once I got back from Peru.

I was able to open one of them a few months ago, and it was an expensive facial moisturizer that I used to favor, long expired and smelling rancid. Today I got to open the last of the gifts. It was a small block of scrap wood with the words “Hidden Treat” hand written on it in black marker. I showed it to my husband and he hasn’t a clue what it was or where he put it - it was 12 years ago!

(Michelle) #2

awesome story!!! The hidden treat is that you reached that box!! So nice.

(John) #3

I always think of the cleverest of places to put things, not realizing i’m not very bright. If I can’t see it, it might as well be gone. Fortunately, not only do I not remember where I put something, I frequently don’t remember that I put something anywhere at all so I have no clue really what I lost.

Congrats.

(Roxanne) #4

If you don’t remember hiding it, did you really lose it? Kind of like if a tree falls in the forest but nobody is there to hear it…

(Mike Glasbrener) #5

That’s so sweet! Of course, the hidden treat is really the health you’ve regained in the process which is the best reward of all!

(Roxanne) #6

Very true, Mike!