Here's my silly win, from a keto whisperer 😊

conversationstarters

(Becky) #1

Howdy yall,

Let me begin by saying that you all are my support, community and friends! So I post on here as though i am in my livingroom chit chatting with a dear friend. Also I wasn’t completely sure where to post this since im really just spilling my guts to you guys :wink:.
Also, I am not actually a keto whisperer, i simply talk to myself a LOT, and keto whisperer sounded better than nut job.
So, any who, here goes.i just want everyone to know how super you all are. This WOE is not the “norm” for most people, it’s hard even, and yet…we are killing it! So everyone take a second to pat yourself on the back. :clap::clap:
I have discovered a part of me that has been hidden under “fluff” for years, it’s my smile! I smile so much my face is starting to hurt! Have any of you found things about yourself that you forgot existed…I love it, discovering new and wonderful things about ourselves is just another added bonus.
I know some on here are struggling, we have all been there. Just know that you are not alone, you have friends here. Thats the best part of this forum, you can always find support, share struggles and especially share some wins. This is the best support group ever, its keto therapy! (So if someone could help me through talking to myself, that’d be great!) So im suggesting, just for smiles, that we share SILLY successes, i will go first…
I was in my office at work this morning speaking with my boss, i stood up quickly and my pants fell down :flushed::grimacing: yup that happened! I couldn’t help but laugh, i was so ashamed lol.
So how bout it, lets all have a silly, wonderful day…We deserve it!

The best silly win is getting back the spring in my steps. It’s almost as if my body wants to move… And even worse, on days when I haven’t had breakfast or lunch, I have even broken into a run moving between buoldings at work. Just because I felt like it.

(Becky) #3

@Taka
Oh wow that is wonderful…i cannot wait to run! Yay for you!!

(Jay Patten) #4

Just to add to this, keto can bring great things to your life. I have been keto for 15 months now. Its the longest that I have stayed on keto because I used to buy into the “its dangerous long term” myth. I love this forum because it is filled with great conversation with science and research to back it up. Its one of the reasons that I have decided to stay keto, even though I have lost all the weight.

I for one am much happier on keto. I grew my hair out and I bought stylish/ trendy clothes and shoes to wear. I’m like a completely different person now, and I love it. I am friendlier and more engaging at work, my social life has improved and I love the way my body looks.

Keto, 2 Keto Dudes and this forum have literally been life changing for me. People used to call me “big guy.” Like hey Big Guy, what’s up? Or how are doing, big guy? I secretly hated it. A couple of days ago, someone actually called me a “pretty boy” (90’s cliche term), but I took it as a compliment! Lol

Anyway, I agree with Becky. The support from this forum is really wonderful. I have been trying to make it a point myself to post on here more often as a way to pay it forward and support the people who are where I was a year ago.

(Becky) #5

@FatBomb

:clap::+1::facepunch:
Awesome job Sir, please take a bow! I absolutely cannot wait to reach my goal, once i set a firm one…
And also, just know, there is nothing wrong with using 90’s cliches…it was a great decade! And pretty boy suits you quite well!!

(Jay Patten) #6

Thank you! I should update my profile picture to show off my fabulous locks, lol. Just kidding… no fabulous locks, just a pony tail at the moment.

(KCKO, KCFO) #7

For me it is getting into yoga poses I thought I would never do correctly again. Like shoulder stands. Silly but fat was keeping me from doing so much. I just laughed out loud after doing that perfect should stand.

Jay, Looking forward to seeing that new profile picture.

Taka, wow, running? Haven’t done any of that since the mid 90s. But I do have lots of energy from this WOE, I just prefer to dance and lift things.

Becky, too funny. I had a pair fall of me recently but I was trying on things in the back of the closet, I thought they would fit, but I pulled them up, zipper them and they promptly fell down.

Nice discussion, thanks for posting it.

I just started lifting, and it seems good. Doing it intensely feels so much better than doing it the standard way.

But the running is just a couple hundred meters at most. Running destroys knees and worsens sciatica. I’m never going to try running distances on a treadmill or road. But this inclination to just move faster, it’s wonderful. That didn’t happen on a carb diet unless I was late for the bus…

(KCKO, KCFO) #9

Well I walk much faster now :slight_smile: I also walk more, I’m a fitbit addict these daysl.

DON’T YOU DARE!

Those are some of my best conversations. :slight_smile:

I can wash my back without a long-handle scrub brush.

Hey, no need to rub it in. :wink:

I’ve heard others say keto has helped their hair grow back or stopped graying, but keto hasn’t been that good to me. :smile:

I LOVE THIS (SILLY) THREAD! :+1:

(Becky) #11

Lol im rolling, you are absolutely correct sir! I happen to say the most entertaining things to myself! And im a proud answerer as well, i always have a witty response for myself. And isnt it wonderful, my long handled brushes are now used to dust the molding in the house :yum:

You’re writing my biography.

(Becky) #13

@collaroygal

Isn’t it so much fun to be able to shop in your closet again, i find the best bargains in there lol and yes i find i watch my steps closer than i watch t.v. i dont mind speed walking now!

(Becky) #14

Thanks everyone, im loving this conversation!! You all are so fun :facepunch:

(KCKO, KCFO) #15

Unfortunately, it is pretty bare these days. I only have like 5 pairs of pants, that is blue jeans, workout pants, etc. I have no brown pants since those fell off of me. Luckily, I did keep a lot of old blouses/shirts from skinny times, some are even back in fashion, again. LOL That has been fun.

(Becky) #16

Not counting my work pants, which obviously are a smidge big, i have 1 pair of pants that fit lol and shirts actually look like tents. But oh my gravy isn’t it an amazing problem to have! Lol

(Tamela Robinette) #17

Silly keto win for me, shaving my legs has become much easier as well as tying my shoes. It’s almost spring here ( North Carolina) so time to break out the razors ladies lol

(The amazing autoimmune 🦄) #18

A very silly Win is that I have to shave the legs and pits more as my hair is growing way faster.

A really funny one. I was lucky enough to lose visibly the first few weeks, and the ladies at work asked if I’ve started to work out. Sorry to disappoint, I’ve just been eating a little righter…

And on the topic of talking to oneself. I have both long and short conversations with myself, often when shopping, but also when doing other things. I also do this in several different languages, when thinking about different topics or just practicing conversational skills.

SWEET! :bowing_man: :bowing_man: :bowing_man: