Here's an update on me

(Kevin M.) #1

I’ve been on the ketogenic diet for 9 months and my doctor and nephrologist are totally on board. Contrary to popular belief, the ketogenic diet is moderate protein. It is not a high phosphate diet either as long as I avoid processed meats.
Within the first few weeks on keto, I no longer needed insulin. I reversed my type 2 diabetes. About two months later my blood pressure normalized and I no longer needed medication for hypertension. The diabetic complications in my eyes completely reversed and healed. The neuropathy in my feet decreased dramatically and it continues to heal. My extremely disturbed sleep and RLS has stopped. I actually sleep soundly through the night now and that’s a miracle. One of the other great changes this did to my life is the fact that I used to come home from dialysis and was completely exhausted and all I wanted to do is just sit in my chair. Now I have the energy to keep a job and I can go to work even on dialysis days. So far I’ve lost a total of 51 pounds. My hbA1c was 10.8 now it’s 5.9.
If you’d like to hear my story I was interviewed on the 2KetoDudes podcast. The podcast is kind of like a radio show and it can be listened to free.

If you have any questions I can be reached on my Facebook page Native Keto Man.

Or my blog at www.NativeKetoMan.com

I also manage a Native Keto subforum on the Ketogenic Forums
https://www.ketogenicforums.com/c/community/nativeketo

(Empress of the Unexpected) #2

Impressive!