Herbes de Provence

(Walt ) #1

As I was looking for herbs to really compliment the chicken thighs I want to make for my Keto meals I came upon this French combination of herbs that has rave reviews and thought I would share it. Seems Walmart has a high quality mix at a very good price

(Shawn Patrick Malone) #2

I’ve used them befoore and they are great. A little lemon and that spice on asparagas or brocollini is amazing Great on Cod as well.

(KCKO, KCFO) #3

Might want to grind those a bit. And the flavors will work better. Grind as you go is good.

That mix is also good on steaks.

I use it all the time! But I buy mine from specialty spice shops to get the freshest possible herbs and spices.

I also use another called Fines Herbs. Great on fish!

(Shawn Patrick Malone) #5

I use it quite a bit, no idea what’s in it but I like it.

(KCKO, KCFO) #6

It varies by company. But the herbs are supposed to be the common ones used in Provence.
That said, herbs de Provence typically contains:

• Thyme
  • Savory
  • Marjoram
  • Rosemary
  • Fennel
  • Basil

But some blends include all orf some of these as well: chervil, oregano, mint, parsley, tarragon, and in North American blends, lavender.

I love it on steaks and any dish with zucchini and tomatoes in it.

herbs are great for the taste they give us and we sure enjoy til that day we don’t like them anymore LOL yea that seems like a good product but this is a super old thread, I would think herb prices now have skyrocketed more just like all food products. Even my regular ol’ store brand salt has doubled…ick…lol