Help Requested on Getting Started

Keto does help with cravings but retraining your brain takes time - be patient with yourself along the way. There’s a series of videos on dietdoctor.com about sugar addiction that you may be able to apply to your situation, I think it’s on the membership section but you get a month’s free trial and loads of other info.

(Christopher Avery) #22

@Malth I just want to add my congratulations on your recovery and your courage. You sound like you have a level head. That will serve you well here.

I’m a newbie too (coming up on 3 weeks). I’ve learned more by “doing” the last three weeks than I did in the previous three months listening to 2ketodudes and researching keto. I’m focusing on three things:

1. Eat fat, reduce carbs. Pay no attention to Calories In Calories Out.
  2. Track what I eat in Cronometer (I started in MyFitnessPal and switched) so I see the macro counts.
  3. Results - how do I feel? What are my metrics? (I weighed today for the first time since I started April 30. I’ve gone from 215 to 204. #Win.)

The n=1 meme is important. It’s your body.

You are an amazing person for facing and overcoming what you have. You have the resources to succeed with this way of eating.
:clap: :heart_exclamation: