Help loosing last 10-15 pounds and keeping it off

(Arthur Dirindin) #1

Hello to all, new member and first post. I have been very successful using a low carb diet to loose weight for over 30 years. The first time I lost all my fat and got into shape was when I was 23. I didn’t know it then but the diet I used was although not a true keto diet it was very low carb. Combined with exercise I shed IIRC 48 pounds in less than four months. I averaged loosing 1/2 pound a day. I didn’t realize it at that time that low carbs were the KEY to my weight loss. The reduction of carbs was more or less accidental and was a unintended result of my attempt at eliminating as much sugar from my diet as I could.

I kept that weight off for almost 30 years again by living a healthy active lifestyle and eating very low carb. Then 8 years ago due to major changes in my life including being out of work for 17 months I gained over 60lbs. I then became aware of what is now known as “KETO” while using the Atkins diet and In the last 18 months alone I lost and gained back nearly 100 pounds.

Then I hit my all time highest weight of 305lbs. Now I’m a very large framed male and 6’2" but 305lbs made me realize I was eating myself into an early grave. I then went on a 100% dedicated KETO diet and vowed to change my eating habits and lifestyle FOREVER.

Well I’m now 247lbs down from 305lbs, dropped from a 42" to a 37"/WL and from a 3XL to a 2XL shirt. I have only two problems now, #1- I’m having difficulty loosing my last 8-10lbs, mostly I think it is because my body has adjusted and I’m taking in to much protein. #2-I have little to no knowledge on creating a new kept diet that once I hit my target wait of below 240lbs, will allow me to stop loosing weight and simply maintain my target of 230-238lbs.

I am trying to do more cardio and are lifting weights at home 3-4 days a week now so I know that should help with ditching my last few pounds. As far as my present daily intake of 15-18 carbs a day, 70% or about 14 carbs are from veggies of which are comprised of spinach, broccoli, artichoke hearts, lettuce, and cauliflower, the remaining 4carbs are from either cheddar, munster , or mozzarella cheese. I drink mostly water with Propel but occasionally diet fountain soda.

Does anyone know of a Keto recipe book or link(s) to a good source for same to not only help you to cook meals to maintain your weight, but explains to you how to determine the amount of protein carbs and if need be even though I haven’t thus far (GASP) calories. I know how use Keto to loose weight just no idea how to eat Keto to NOT loose weight but to eat just as strict Keto diet to maintain my fast approaching (in less than 3 weeks) target weight.

Thanks,
DMTJ/Art.