Help! I can't stop losing

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #21

For an idea of what the human body is supposed to look like, take a gander at photos from the 1930’s on up till the 1970’s. People at the Woodstock concert look very thin by today’s standards, but that is what normal actually looks like. It’s been so long, we’ve forgotten.

Don’t panic. I appreciate we all followed quite varying paths to get to our ‘ideal’ weight and implement a better diet’ so once you get to that goal perhaps just a bit of rebalancing to find the middle ground is required.

Not sure if will help; but I found using One meal a day lunch to lunch kept my weight loss on and off; but if I have a good dinner in the evenings I maintain weight again. Of course I stripped a lot of calories out with fasting also; I will maybe need to slowly bring meal sizes up slightly also. Just about finding a new way to balance the scales; and they may tip up and down for a while I presume. But don’t panic, but I can understand the feeling.

(LeeAnn Brooks) #23

Actually, that’s exactly why some of the experts warn against OMAD, at least for the long term. It can be very hard to get enough of your caloric needs into one meal, and calorie restriction is much worse for your metabolism than EF (which can actually speed up metabolism).

I use it as a bridge to EF by doing it once or twice a week tops. If you know it’s causing restricted calories, I wouldn’t do it more than that.

(Lorraine) #24

I am 52, 5’3" and my goal is 123. I chose that only because it is the exact middle of the normal BMI range (according to the chart I found at the time). Being an inch shorter, I’m assuming you could weigh a bit less and be in the middle as well. Perhaps you set your goal weight a little high and your body is second guessing you. You say you are losing fat and gaining muscle, so how is that a bad thing?

(Empress of the Unexpected) #25

Yeah, that’s how I used to look. Menopause is evil!!!

I used to work for public health helping women maintain recovery from anorexia. When they were below critical body fat levels, their brains stopped working correctly, most of them developed panic disorders, and some developed severe OCD symptoms like pulling out their eyebrows. It’s because they were fighting biology tooth-and-nail. Most people don’t have to worry about losing too much body fat because there are a lot of mechanisms in place to keep us healthy. You’ll probably naturally find yourself a lot hungrier or having less energy once you’re at your set-point.