Help for a newbie 😜 Very high ketones

(Eva Long Bjarnadóttir) #1

Hi, I’m a rather new keto dieter, needed to get rid ofsome unwanted weight after having 4 kids…
It’s been almost 7 weeks now, and I have lost 12kg so it’s obviously working.
But i just bought a keto mojo, and I am worried about my levels, i fast for about 17 hours, eat lunch and dinner and try to drink plenty of water, I sometimes am probably to low on carbs, and my ketones are measuring from 4,5 to 6,7 after fasting for 17 hours. They don’t drop far down between meals or at night, and i don’t know how to get my levels down to the safe zone or if this is ok? My blood sugar ranges from 85-88 and pikes after eating, highest reading was 100

Is this ok or am i killing myself slowly??

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #2

Don’t panic. You’re OK. It’s a very dynamic system with lots of individual variations.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #3

For maximum and lasting benefits from keto not just weight loss but optimized health start to look at your new KETO eating habits as a lifestyle change. If you go back it will all come back.

This isn’t possible on keto or any diet. There is No RDA for Carbohydrates only protein and fats. Which is pretty crazy when whole grains are the recommended main source of calories on the standard diet. :cowboy_hat_face: