HELP! Egg fast and weight gain

keto
newbies
fasting
help
eggfast

(Prima Duos) #1

Hi, started and egg fast and i’m on day 6. Until day 5 everything was good i lost 4.8 kg / 10.58 lbs and I was happy but when I took my wheight on days 6 I had gained weight. So far I’ve been losing weight day by day I was wondering if it was something normal.
I workout 6 days a week i’m Wondering if the weight I took could be muscle.
I eat 12eggs a day wich should be around 850cals + the oil I guess it would be around 1000 cals. Anyway i’m in caloric deficit wich makes me wonder why i’m Ganing weight. Physically I don’t see the weight gain, I see it on my scale and it makes me curious. Could I be plateauing??

(Omar) #2

continue to day 7 and day 8

it is probably water weight. retained water for some reason or transit time increased.

(Carl Keller) #3

Hello and welcome prima_duos.

Under, these conditions, I doubt you are gaining fat. It’s likely just water weight as Omar suggests.

Hello @prima_duos

How much do you work out?
I’m no expert but I have read more than a few comments that too much exercise can raise cortisol levels which impacts on insulin levels.

Maybe reduce number of days you work out, or the intensity, and see if that helps.

(Anne) #5

Maybe try not to weigh yourself so often? It gets obsessive! And weigh fluctuates for all sorts of reasons. If you’re afab and have not gone through menopause then hormonal cycles will impact weight. So will normal digestion.
Try focusing on how you’re feeling! Do you feel more clear headed, do you wake up more easily, are you happier? There’s so much more to health than a number on a scale.
Finish out your egg fast, I like to do those periodically to recenter myself with low carb high fat when I’ve gone off the rails. But try not to make it just about weight loss! You’ll see a pound or two come back when you go back to normal keto eating anyway. But like Omar said it’s just water and nothing to concern you

(Karim Wassef) #6

I can gain weight while water fasting. Short term weight is meaningless. The body retains different foods and water as it adapts so anything that changes over a couple of days is not meaningful. Look at the trend over weeks.

Keep at it… don’t let the scale distract you.

(KCKO, KCFO) #7

The scale is not the best way to measure your progress. And don’t we all wish we could add a lb. of muscle in less than a week, that does not happen. Take measurements, take pics, if you don’t have a lot of weight to lose, pics help you see progress, pay attention to how your clothes fit. Are you also doing anything to make sure your electrolytes are in balance, taking ketoaide for instance or making sure you get your sodium, not salt, SODIUM daily?

Also are you following IDM’s fat/egg diet protocol? If not join the free IDM fasting group and check out the files section for how tos on that.

KCFO

(Khara) #8

Your calorie deficit stands out and concerns me. You may be doing yourself damage by putting your body into starvation mode and reducing your resting metabolic rate.

https://idmprogram.com/difference-calorie-restriction-fasting-fasting-27/

(Prima Duos) #9

Thank you for answering. I’ll Jeep going and ser what happens. :slight_smile:

(Prima Duos) #10

Thank you for answering, It seems to be the most logical thing, so i guess that’s it :slight_smile:

(Prima Duos) #11

I workout for a minimum or 45minutes but i can go up to 2 hours. I’ll try going easy on the workouts and getting more sleep. Thank youuu

(Prima Duos) #12

Thank you, i tend to weight myself everyday because the scale is in the bathroom so I see it a lot, i’ll try putting it somewhere else. Visually I don’t really see any weight gain and I feel pretty energetic right now. So yeah the water retention seems logical :slight_smile:

(Prima Duos) #13

Thank you, i’ll Try to weight myself weekly instead of daily and pay more attention to my body instead of my weight :slight_smile:

(Prima Duos) #14

I take measurements sometimes, and those are okay, and so are my clothes, so I guess I should pay less attention to the weight. When I started i didn’t pay a lot off attention to the nutrients, but I think I should, i’ll Take a look at the protocol for next time, thank you :slight_smile:

(Prima Duos) #15

I didn’t really pay attention to the caloric deficit in the beginning because i felt pretty full after eating, and I had less cravings especially at night. But I guess my metabolic rate might have gone down, maybe I’ve been doing it for too many days. I’ll try following the advices of the document, thank you :slight_smile: