Help! 4 qts of HWC about to expire! Need recipes!

(Becky) #1

I’m leaving for a ten-day vacation and need to use up 4 qts of HWC, the use by date happens 1 day after I leave.

I am hoping someone has some easy recipes I can make, that can then be stored until my return.

Thanks

(Ethan) #2

Heavy whipping cream, chia seeds, erythritol. Mix and put in fridge overnight. Now you have pudding.

(Wendy) #3

Alfredo sauce: 1 1/2 C HWC, 6 ounces cream cheese, 1C Parmesian, salt and pepper to taste. (Oh almost forgot. First take 1 stick butter and saute w/at least 2 cloves garlic.)
Add to cooked chicken or shrimp, serve with zoodles or comprable pasta substitute.

(Jo O) #4

Devon cream
Watch YouTube videos
If short on time freeze HWC in shallow baking dishes. It will separate fat/water solubles. Thaw, Drain the water on the bottom and bake in low heat oven for a few hours. (I haven’t actually tried this. Haven’t been blessed with an abundance of HWC. Should work in theory.)

Or freeze as is in ice cube trays. It will separate when thawed. Use in any cooked/heated recipe later.

(Allie) #5

I freeze it into cubes and use for fatty coffees.

(Becky) #6

Thanks! I am going to check out Devon cream. It is what I need, long term storage. On YouTube I found a recipe for keto condensed milk that keeps up to two weeks and I can use it to make flan when I return. I also found a keto pancake syrup that uses cream and makes a caramel like syrup. I am hoping that cooking the cream will allow it to keep longer.

(Diane) #7

This makes a kind of fluffy, no bake cheesecake. Really good alone or with a few berries.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #8

I don’t know if you have the equipment, but it makes awesome yougurt…

(Becky) #9

I have an instant pot, but I don’t have a yogurt starter. Do you know if there are any work around for the starter? I just put 2 qts of HWC in the IP with sukrin and vanilla to make dulce Dr leche caramel sauce.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #10

2-3 tbsps live culture yougurt. Will be easier to come by than starter culture…

(Becky) #11

Great! Thanks!

(Todd Allen) #12

You can use most any store bought yogurt including live culture. But my preference now is to use a couple pro-biotic capsules. Most include bacteria strains commonly used in yogurt such as Lactobacillus bulgaricus, Streptococcus thermophilus and Lactobacillus acidophilus as well as less common ones that may have better health benefits.