Hello...new poster new to keto

(Full Metal KETO AF) #21

Delicious looking food David, dairy definitely makes veg KETO easier as do eggs if you allow them. :cowboy_hat_face:

(David) #22

I don’t tend to eat eggs, except when I’m on holiday self-catering and the welcome pack includes them. Then I’ll make big cheesy omelettes that definitely tick the keto box.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #23

If you’re OK with eggs, powdered or liquid egg whites are an excellent source of complete protein. The yolks are an excellent source of saturated and monounsaturated fat. Nature even combined them in a very convenient package. :sunglasses:

(Jenny) #24

My biggest problem in the beginning was to fund out what to replace “normal” foods with. I got this book http://firstchoise.eu/keto-book and it have helped me out many times. It’s mainley substitued for bread, pizza dough and simulair stuff. Other than that, I would recommend you yo keep it simple! Protein, veggies and full fat sause is not a bad diet :ok_hand:t2:

Since it’s seems you’re normally pretty active you may not have to be at the 20g level to be in ketosis. 25-30mi bike rides! That’s a LOT! You could probably get away with 40g of that’s normal for you. Don’t worry about nonsense like going broke measuring ketones and becoming obsessed about things that don’t matter. Also, and as somebody that tracks everything and I weigh myself daily for trends… don’t actually take daily weight too seriously. Watch it as a trend only. We ALWAYS fluctuate, 1 missed poop and that scale can show it as a false weight gain! When you’re athletic / very physically active the rules aren’t quite the same. Don’t constantly worry about getting “kicked out” of ketosis, just keep your food in check and you’ll move in the direction you want. Also, if you’re doing this veggie style make sure your getting in any nutrients you’re missing from lack of meat. Especially when it comes to complete proteins.

(David) #26

I’m not that active at the moment as I’ve not been well, so 5-10 miles is the limit at present, and only if the weather is nice :grinning:.