Hello! New here

(Jennifer) #1

I was looking for a keto/fasting forum sight and stumbled in here today! Thought I would say hi. I have been following Atkins/low carb/paleo for years off and on. It goes well while I am strict, but as soon as I fall off the wagon I would go right back to where I started. I have hyper insulinemia from carrying 80-90 pounds extra weight and have noticed more and more signs of possible diabetes in the last few months. I hate doctors so figured I better cure myself or I would be forced to go.

I started keto 2/3 following the Atkins 20gm plan and the first 5 days were hell. I thought I had flu or something; it was pretty bad. But it got much better and after those first days it got easy like I remember from past attempts.

Then I stumbled on the holy grail of books, Dr. Fung’s Obesity Code. Read it in a day and it hit me like a ton of bricks. I have been one of those people that never missed a meal, even if low carbing. Three meals AND SNACKS!! His book made so much sense that I started intermittent fasting right then and did my first 24 hour fast on the 10th. And what do you know, it wasn’t so bad. (If I was still hooked on carbs, I probably would have killed someone then died from sugar withdrawal. Seriously….)

With that under my belt, I decided to try a longer one and so on the 14th I started a 7 day water/tea only fast which just ended. And it went pretty well! It probably would have gone better if I didn’t start my cycle on day 4 (sorry guys, TMI, I know) and I had to take some bone broth to wash down the ibuprofen.

Oh, BTW I have been in ketosis since the 3rd and am down 17 pounds since. Fasting is the piece I have been missing.

So, I hope to hang around here for a bit and I’ll chime in if I think I can add to the conversation.

:slight_smile:

(matt ) #2

Welcome! Glad you found us.

You’re in the right place!

Hello back! You’ll find lots of great people and posts to read here…enjoy!!

(John) #5

Welcome, and TMI is the norm around here, not the exception.

Hiya

I have also fooled around with LCHF in the past. I always struggled to stay on plan. I assumed that drilling down that extra amount to be keto would be harder but it actually made things easier. Who knew? :wink:

Welcome. x

(Michelle) #7

Welcome!!! You have a great story. Great folks on this forum to help out too.

Hello and Welcome!