Hello From Another Newbie!

(William Jeffrey Hunter) #1

Hi, I’m Jeff from Huntsville AL. I am a 48 year old software developer.

My wife and I have been doing keto for a bit over a month. I have always been able to eat whatever and not gain weight. At least until I hit my mid to late 40’s :slight_smile:

I have lost around 13 pounds so far and my pants are all loose now. :smile:
I really enjoy not being super sluggish in the afternoon and having increased productivity.

2 things from the forum that have really helped - there are alot more but it’s getting late…

• Understanding the important of macros (high fat, enough protein, carbs < 20 grams). I track them with cron-o-meter.
  • Importance of electrolytes (Thanks @Brenda for KetoAid). KetoAid and a calcium supplement has fixed every issue I was having with leg cramps.

I was familiar with Carl from Dot Net Rocks! from a long time ago. I am enjoying the 2 Keto Dudes podcast. Gonna take a while to catch all the way up!

Just wanted to finally post my introduction and say thanks to all the super helpful people here!

Welcome! This is a great community, very supportive, they will help keep you motivated. Congratulations on the success thus far!

(Melissa) #3

Hi there
I noticed where you are from…as a teenager I went to Space Camp in Huntsville Alabama!

(William Jeffrey Hunter) #4

Yup - Space Camp is a really cool place!

I don’t think the freeze dried astronaut ice cream in the gift shop is keto friendly though… :smile:

(Tony Edwards) #5

Must be hard being a Dev with no pizza and doughnuts :joy:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #6

WHAAAASSSSSSUUUUUUUP :zornface:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #7

Welcome! I am new to the forum and still fairly new in ketosis. The people here are very friendly and helpful. I think you’re going to like it here.

(Mike Glasbrener) #8

Welcome! Great people and good information here…

(Carpe salata!) #9

Hi @PresenceGuy and welcome. I read a book “Stages to Saturn” where they talked about building the mighty F-1 rocket engine on the hill outside of Huntsville. They threw bricks and dynamite into the engine bell to test for combustion stability.

Here we only have to worry about fat burning :sunglasses:

(William Jeffrey Hunter) #10

It was ! :grin: - I am mostly past the cravings now.

(Mike Glasbrener) #11

Sounds like you’re roundin’ the corner!

(Patrick Sullivan (KetoBJJ)) #12

Cool. Another Huntsville person. Good to know there are more like us in Huntsville.

(Richard Hanson) #13

Hi William,

I also use cronometer and I am also in software. Most of my wardrobe has been gifted to charity.

It sounds like you are doing great!

Keto for Life!

Best Regards,
Richard