Hello and stuff

(Carl Keller) #1

So I’ve been doing keto since early September and I figured maybe it would be more fun and interesting to not take on this journey completely solo. So I signed up here and have already met some really cool and helpful people. It’s not that I feel overly challenged to face keto alone… on the contrary it’s been an energetic and learning experience. I actually enjoy going to the grocery store now and I’ve become addicted to reading nutrition labels on EVERYTHING. I even looked at my dog’s pet food bag to see if it had too many carbs, but alas I could not find one. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I started Keto because my belly fat was getting a bit out of control and I refuse to buy jeans in the next size up. I started out being about 40 pounds over the cutoff for the “ideal” weight for my height and I’ve already dropped about half of that. Of course I quickly learned Keto isn’t a weight loss plan, it’s a way of life.

Anyway, just hoping to share my experiences and also to learn from the experiences of others. I am tired of learning something really amazing and cool and not being able to share it with anyone since I am completely surrounded by carb zombies in real life… and they just won’t understand.

(Michelle isaacson) #2

We are in similar timeline as I started Mid August! This forum is great! Great Peeps! Great Advice! Great Sense of Humor! LOVE IT!

I look forward to our Journeys!

:grinning:

(Candy Lind) #3

It’s a great place to be! So glad you made it here. KCKO.

I’m glad you’re here, Carl! :+1:

I’m excited to know anything you’ve learned. It’s great that we can share our experiences.

Tell me about it! :weary:

(Amy Ramadan) #5

Welcome to the group!! I have a feeling you will love it here!!

(Carl Keller) #6

Thanks Darren. Most likely what I have learned would not be new information to someone who has been doing Keto for a while, like yourself. For example, I’m blown away by the many uses and benefits of Coconut oil. A tablespoon in the morning cofffe and I feel like I had an energy drink without the heart trying to beat its way out of my chest. It’s more of a brain buzz I get and it gets me totally ready to take on the day. Also dabbing a light smear under the eyes before bed does wonders for dark circles under the eyes. I noticed a vast improvement after doing this for a week so far.

(Joanna Parszyk ) #7

Oh l do understand!!! Every time l wanted to shout from the top of my lungs how fantastic this WOE is and how much it can help with issues that l see people struggle with! But either they do not listen, suspecome of an eating disorder whenever l dare to mention IF or fasting at all or just think l’m crazy from all the fat that l’m eatting .sigh…
I do not have weight issues any more (my first Keto journey 6 years ago took care of that) but came back for healt benefits (who needs depression, anxiety, gastro issues, constant fatigue and foggines).
I’m so thankful for this forum and all the good hearted Keto ppl :heart::heart::heart:

(Carl Keller) #8

Yes I totally get it! When I tell someone I am on a diet I’m a little leery of explaining to them what it is and how it works because 5 years ago I would have looked at someone who told me they ate tons of fat and lost weight, like they were crazy.

I am very happy for you and to hear this. After I drop another 20 pounds or so I don’t plan on returning to the way I used to eat. I love how I feel now and I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

PS I can tell you are one of those afore-mentioned “good hearted Keto ppl”. :wink:

(Carl Keller) #9

Gumby, CandyLind and Amy, thank you all for the warm welcome. Glad to be here. :slight_smile:

(Joanna Parszyk ) #10

Carl Keller many thanks for such a kind words!
:pray::grin:

What are you talking about? You just taught me something new!
Thanks! :+1:

(Running from stupidity) #12

Much easier to not do that. Just tell them you can’t eat carbs on Drs orders or your face will melt, or something.

(Carl Keller) #13

Great advice! I’m totally going to use that. TY juice. :sunglasses:

(Running from stupidity) #14

Try to think of some really gruesome outcome to attach to carb eating, for the LULZ :slight_smile:

(Carl Keller) #15

Everything that comes to mind… is politically incorrect. I need time to think that one over. :japanese_goblin:

(Running from stupidity) #16

Mine too, face-melting was about my 10th thought :slight_smile:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

[spoiler]melt [/spoiler]

(Carl Keller) #18

Haha Darren… If only carbs worked this quickly. At least the suffereing would be over quickly.

(Michelle isaacson) #19

@dlc96_darren me too!!! I will try the coconut oil for my dark circles! :star_struck:

(Michelle isaacson) #20

@juice @CarlKeller @dlc96_darren

You all made me spit my Coffee!!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::joy: