Heavy period

(Erica) #1

Hi, I just completed my first month of keto and everything was good, my weight loss is slow 8lbs in a month but that’s the least of my worries right now. I have always had regular period… But I’m 15days early and on my 2nd day heavy flow… At first I thought it was ovulation bleeding but now it’s just too heavy. Anyone else experience change in period cycle?

(SleepyMotherOf3 🇬🇧) #2

(Candy Lind) #3

It’s yet another “n=1” thing - menopausal women have sometimes been quite disgruntled to have their periods reappear! It all starts with accessing your fat stores - which also contain estrogen. Some ladies have very little side-effect, and some are like you with heavy flows or very long periods. It should taper and stop affecting you as much when other hormones get back in line, but it could take a few months. Be patient as your body heals, & KCKO.

(Mother of Puppies ) #4

Mine goes crazy if I get lax.

Three days strict clears it up.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #5

There are lots of threads on these forums about keto women and their hormones. I read them out of interest, and no offense, but I’m glad I’m not a woman! You ladies are a lot tougher than I am, to put up with all that your bodies do to you! My hat’s off to you all! :+1: