Healing inflammation

Just looking for a little affirmation that I’m understanding things correctly…I have had fybromialgia for 25+ yrs. which means lots of inflammation. I’ve been keto 4 weeks and slowly losing weight and TONS of energy! And I’m happy w all that! Healing the inflammation may be at least some of the reason I’m losing slowly, right? I don’t mind the pace but realizing that my inflammation may have been ALOT harder on my body than I ever imagined.

(KetoQ) #2

Do some research on tumeric.

I’ve read that it is very effective against inflammation, as well as good for helping prevent cancer. To enhance the “bioavailability” of tumeric, take it with a fat and pepper, as the good stuff in it is fat soluable.

However, if you do consume it that way, be careful of how often you take it, because by enhancing the bioavailabilty, you might be consuming toxic levels if taken too often.

That said, I put a spoonful of tumeric in water with olive oil and pepper, blend it up and only drink it once every 7-10 days. And yes, it tastes awful. Right along side a shot of apple cider vinegar diluted with water. But I do what I gotta do.

no, losing weight and reducing oxidative stress from carbohydrate loading is healing the inflammation, not the other way around.

Thank you Jason_v

(Jane Hull) #5

I agree about the turmeric. My ortho doctor told me to look into it when he found out I was doing keto. He was excited for me and says I will do great. I make a turmeric golden paste every 2-3 weeks and put a spoonful in my coffee every morning. I like the taste and it’s good for me. It has turmeric, cinnamon, black pepper, ginger, etc…I’m not sure about the recipe sharing policy here. It’s on pinterest.

(Sophie) #6

Share away! We even have a recipe section especially for it! :+1:

(Jane Hull) #7

This is the recipe I use. I don’t put any sweetener in it. I also use 1 tsp powdered ginger instead of fresh, just because it’s easier. I put it in my coffee with a little HWC and my collagen, sometimes mct or butter. I use a stick blender to mix it but you wouldn’t have to.

There is zero real evidence for the use of tumeric in any way shape or form. The studies that are mentioned are in situ (petri dish) with highly concentrated curcumin extracts. It has zero real world validity.

(Samantha Ziegler) #9

I second this!! I bought turmeric capsules on amazon and take them a few times a day. It is very effective with healing inflammation.