Have a question about "Starvation mode"

(Alec) #10

That’s what happened to me.

Damn, there i go again, ageeing with LeeAnn… must stop doing that!

(LeeAnn Brooks) #11

Why stop? You know it feels good.:grin:

(LeeAnn Brooks) #12

BTW, I still enjoy it as a treat once in a while, like maybe once a week.

I will do a slightly smaller meal and end it with a BPC just to enjoy and unwind - with decaf coffee of course.
I’ll even sip it while taking a nice long bath.

It feels like an endulgence but it’s not.

(Karen) #13

For fun!

https://idmprogram.com/fasting-myths-part-5/

http://www.weightwatchers.com/util/art/index_art.aspx?tabnum=1&art_id=35501

(Chris) #14

Wow, the body really does work magic

(Chris) #15

Hello. I guess I can give it a shot. I was reading on another forum that the oil in the coffee helped. I also got the pills for added fat. I used to smoke, quit after I started vaping. Quit vaping also now and I think that’s where the weight/hunger came in to play. I never ate very much while smoking. Now on keto I fell like I did when I smoked (without the out of breath feeling, and smelling horiable). Maybe I will give it a shot and see if it helps. I do like to have a cocktail at the end of the day, not much but usually a Jameson with diet 7up.

(Chris) #16

Thank you for this Karen. Very interesting

(Chris) #17

Does everyone agree that it’s better skipping breakfast rather then dinner? Asking because I’m total opposite only because most of the time when I eat late I get acid reflux or something and its horiable to try to sleep with lol

(LeeAnn Brooks) #18

Ask 10 people that and you’ll get 10 different answers.

I find it easiest to skip breakfast, simply because I’m already fasting from sleep, so I just continue it. But if eating in the evening bothers you, I would go with what your body is telling you.

(Karen) #19

Eat early and reduce your eating window. Full digestion before bedtime.

K

(Chris) #20

Thank you LeeAnn. That’s kinda how I feel. I almost feel like I should be the one to try it, and if it dont work as well or at all, or maybe it works faster who knows but maybe try it myself because most people (again from other forums and websites) say skip breakfast and enjoy dinner lol.

(Chris) #21

That’s exactly what I have been doing. And I honestly feel amazing in 6 days. It’s not a mental thing it’s a physical feeling. And it’s awesome! Haha

(Alec) #22

I think it is totally personal, and works equally well scientifically. The point is to not eat for reasonable period of time (say 16hrs) during a 24 hr period.

It’s funny, I have hardly ever eaten breakfast during my life. I have never felt hungry in the mornings. For a long time I would hear the CW (most important meal of the day) and think “oh well, I just don’t feel like it”. And now I learn about insulin, and whaddayknow? I was doing it right all along!!
Cheers
Alec

(Candy Lind) #23

Some say the fat in the morning gives them extra energy and clarity. Some say when you’re getting used to adding fat, it’s an easy way to adjust your macros to increase fat (that’s a big yes!). People often start out drinking BPC, then drop it except for an occasional indulgence later on. For me, it’s usually “breakfast” or at least the first course.

I will comment here - some folks have trouble with stomach upsets using MCT oil. If you’re going to use it, ramp up slowly from 1 tsp with other oils/fats. It is not mandatory. I usually do HWC/butter/coconut oil. Oh, and unsweetened cocoa! :blush:

@Anniegirl9 said it right - 20 answers! The main thing is to do what works for YOUR “N=1.” I don’t like going to bed with a full stomach, either, so I’ve been trying to set my eating pattern earlier in the day. If your eating window goes from 0600-1400 instead of 1000-1800, it’s still an 8-hour window and still gives the same fasting benefit. My one concern is that you’re likely not yet fat-adapted unless you were eating paleo or Whole30 or something immediately before starting keto, so you might want to eat 3 meals in order to increase your calorie intake - JUST until you’re sure you’re fat adapted.

(Chris) #24

Thank you. I am going to try it to make sure. I do hear alot of people say fat adapted, Which at first I thought it meant I was adapted to being Fat lol, but I dont know how your supposed to fell or how you know when your fat adapted.

(Candy Lind) #25

You can look it up on here, but basically the main signs are increased energy level & mental clarity. More pronounced for some, less for others.

(Chris) #26

Thanks. How long on average does that take? The weird thing is my energy level has double since starting this. I have not dropped a ton of weight but I can say I feel thinner, if that makes any sense.

(Candy Lind) #27

Some people can be fat adapted in as little as two weeks, some can take months. From your statements here, I would say you ARE fat-adapted and that your body is working on other things besides clearing adipose tissue - things like damage in your liver, broken mitochondria, leaky gut - and it will get to the fat cells eventually. You are doing the right things. KCKO!

(Terence Dean) #28

I’m a 3 meal a day person, I never miss breakfast that’s the best meal of the day for me!! Lunch for me is generally light (used to be a sandwich until I ditched wheat), and I generally eat dinner before 6:00pm, I have a rule: no eating after 8:00pm. Never get reflux because my stomach is empty by the time I get to bed!

(Chris) #29

Sorry for the late reply, Thank you. I guess we will see, Im keeping up with it so hopefully I see some good results soon! :slight_smile: