HATE exercise

(Laurie) #21

I don’t enjoy most exercise. For me the key to doing less favored exercises is limiting each type of exercise to 30 minutes or less. For example, 30 minutes cardio, 15 minutes strength training, 15 minutes of stretching. Longer might be better, but it’s no good if you’re so turned off that you don’t do it at all.

Having said that, there are some kinds of exercise that I do love. I can go for an hour and a half; I’d keep going if I didn’t have other things to do. These are:

1. Hula hooping. For beginner instructional videos I recommend Hoopnotica DVDs 1 and 2. Also, do it outdoors if you can.

2. Flagging.

SwingFlag1

3. Water aerobics class. I don’t live near a pool now, but I used to love it.

Some women I know love NIA, but it wasn’t my thing.

(Frank) #22

Walking in the woods or during my lunch break is about all I enjoy about exercise. I do some core strengthening and band resistance to maintain muscle mass, but to me what’s the point in carrying around extra weight (fat or muscle) if I don’t need it. When I was a carpenter you would only have the tools in your belt that you used all day every day. Any extraneous tools would just wear your body down prematurely. That’s how I look at exercise.

I found that when I got a dog, my desire and interest in walking increased dramatically. Just plain walking/jogging gets quite boring for me but taking the dog out is quite enjoyable.

(Doug) #24

:slightly_smiling_face::sunglasses: Marty, so true!!

(KCKO, KCFO) #25

Those flags look awesome.