Has anyone tried Jicama fries?

(Dustin Cade) #21

recipe?

(suzanna) #22

We just slice raw jicama into chip size bits to scoop up guacamole (we like ours with just avocado, lime juice and salt)

(LUCAS KRAUSE) #23

I have used a spiralizer and made curly fries. Make a heap of Jicima and add salt and olive oil or coconut oil to coat. Bake on parchment paper at 450 for 10-15 min

You could try deep fry too I donā€™t have one or have the room for the mess.

You can adjust based on your taste but these were crunchy and good. This was before keto so watch the carbs but I make these for my daughter.

Followed this method for jicama fries. They were only okay. My kids didnā€™t really like them much, which is the big kicker. Still havenā€™t found a great keto fries substitute. Iā€™ll stick to sweet potato curly fries for the kids and maybe nibble on a few if Iā€™ve got some carbs to spare.

(Dustin Cade) #25

weā€™ve made them three times, Iā€™ve tried them three different ways, Iā€™ve tried double frying them, baking then frying them, and boiling then frying themā€¦ still not able to get away from the more firm center textureā€¦ I think they are good, the kids donā€™t care much for them either, though i think they taste like sweet potato friesā€¦ our local Kroger sells them already cut into fry sized sticksā€¦ so its easy

(Trish) #26

On my to do list as I just got a fryer. Have to find them in a store. Will report back when Iā€™ve made them.