Has anyone here tried ThinSlim Zero carb bread?

I was thinking about spicing up keto this week with some juicy burgers, this time with buns/bread included.

I wanted something fast an easy, but if they’re bad I may just attempt to make my own. I’m just a little hesitant because I don’t usually bake. This cloud bread recipe doesn’t seem too bad though

(Tamela Robinette) #2

I have tried it. I’m not a fan and neither is the hubby. 4 buns costs $8 I think. We make the mug bread in the microwave and toast it and it tastes a lot better. We have a loaf of the “love the taste” bread in the fridge right now which we will probably end up throwing out. Cardboard is the best way I can describe it, but some people may love it.

('Jackie P') #3

Nice recipe, I make it sometimes, I use full fat cream cheese. Enjoy ya burgers!

(Becky) #4

I’ve used it, i don’t mind it at all. It’s not “bread” but it did fill that craving, and the convenience was great.

(Lori) #5

I tried the Sliced bread when I first started Keto about 9 months ago. It’s not terrible…but it’s certainly not a substitute. I think about half of it went into the trash, it just didn’t go down well. I have found that low carb wraps from Mission are good, also i do the romaine lettuce route and don’t really feel like I am missing anything this far down the road.

(Kim) #6

My husband and I enjoy the Thin Slim Bread mainly for a comfort food of a simple grilled cheese. It’s not the best “fresh”. We keep it in the freezer and only use it for the purpose of grilling or toasting. We have purchased bread from a vendor on Etsy (of all places) that has only one carb per slice and it is DELICIOUS! It is almost as good as regular bread.

I’ve tried both the ThinSlim and Great Low Carb Bread Company baked items. They’re OK, but expensive and filled with a lot of fiber. I always feel bloated and uncomfortable afterwards.

What I use for bread depends on use and convenience:

(Khara) #8

Could you give the Etsy shop/product name please?

(Kim) #9

It is the KetoBistro on Etsy and the name of the bread is “best-tasting just one-Carb keto bread”. I buy it pre-sliced. The 1st time I didn’t and it was difficult to get them all the same size. It is pricey, but worth it for a treat! There are quite a few keto shops on Etsy, but most items are easily made at home. Bread I just couldn’t do.

(Khara) #10

Great, thank you!

(Jane) #11

I just make the mug cake, leave out the sweetener and make it in a small glass bowl with straight sides so it is more like a bun.

I’ve thought abut buttering it up and toasting it in a skillet and wondered how it would come out. I guess I should try it!