Has anyone here heard of this or done it?

This bulletproof fast seems crazy! But I’m oddly interested… my honeymoon is the first week of May and this awfully tempting to try … I am curious what you guys think? Perhaps just begining with a 16:8 would be a better start.
https://blog.bulletproof.com/rapid-fat-loss-protocol/

(Stickin' with mammoth) #2

Instead of weight loss, make your goal to feel great and be super energetic on your honeymoon. Then, put it to good use.

(wink, wink, nudge, nudge)

Lol…just noticed your from Portland bacon! I’m originally from Coos Bay :)!

(Stickin' with mammoth) #4

I love the views on the 101 from Glasgow down to the bottom of Coos Bay. It feels like a port in Maine or something.

(Scott Shillady) #5

That is my basic everyday protocol. you don’t need to pay the extra for Aspreys brands. here is a thread with some great suggestions of different formulations Keto Coffee

This is how i start my day every morning; For me 20 oz coffee in my Darth Vader tervis. TBS butter TBS coconut oil 1/2tbs bacon nectar. Tsp of sf Caramel syrup one packet trivia and a dash of cinnamon.

I have lost 48 lbs and I feel great

Do you use it as a fast like he is? What else do you eat?

(Scott Shillady) #7

It helps me to intermittent fast to help keep my insulin low. I drink my BPC in the morningI usually eat one meal a day at night, Could be an omelet, Bacon cheeseburger with Guacamole, Carlshead Pizza. sometimes i’m not very hungry and just have a wedge of brie.

I really wouldn’t be thinking of fasting until you are fully ensconced in keto. Get fat adapted and find you rhythm and then look at fasting if you feel like it.

I’ve heard of it, but never tried it.

(Chelan Ortiz Lewis) #10

Holy hotcakes, this seems hard! Curious what others think about the carb loading on Day 6?

(Scott Shillady) #11

What’s hard about eating bacon. We generally do not support carb loading here as it is very detrimental to those trying to defeat metabolic derangement

:richard: discusses that here Carb cycling

(John) #12

I was in the Marines with a guy from Coos Bay, made it sound like a really nice place.

That’s cool what was the name perhaps I know them :thinking:

(John) #14

Bill Marone, William I think was his real name, I think he went back there to be a recruiter.

Too funny… and super small word hah …I no longer live in coos Bay moved a bout a year ago …but growing up my moms good friend, who passed away last year, was Judy Marone (maiden name) and William (who is a recruiter) is her nephew :stuck_out_tongue: haha had to call my mom and ask! She thinks he’s in Salem these days!

(Mike W.) #16

[quote=“Daisy, post:8, topic:8001, full:true”]
fully ensconced in keto.[/quote]
Love the word use!

I like to flower up my language sometimes!

(Laura) #18

I have been looking into this diet/lifestyle and somewhere I read or heard him say you can do some of it or all of it. I am rather intrigued by it, but it’s kind of pricey, even if you use less expensive substitutes.

So far it makes sense but it is work. I think he would say you shouldn’t sub his version of MCT oil… otherwise make do.

My goal is to outlive my 3 diabetic sisters. Barring an accident, it shouldn’t be a problem.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #19

@BaconNectar

I love you man

(eat more) #20

i don’t think dave asprey is credible in anyway…i think his only contribution is that you can say “bulletproof coffee” or “bpc” to more ppl without having to explain that it’s coffee with fat lol

i remember reading a review of his “teachings” years ago and it was all about his products, picking up chicks, and ice baths…since then i pretty much ignore everything from the “bulletproof executive” (the hint is in his self naming lol)
/rant
:joy: