Has anyone else been having problems accessing this forum?

(Susan) #21

I know that this thread is from last summer when the site was down -but it has been down a few times recently --is everything okay? Is someone trying to hack and disrupt the site? I wondered if a disgruntled person that hates Keto was trying to cause trouble or something?

(Polly) #22

I am in the UK and could not get into the forum first thing this morning. I thought it might be an overloaded server issue. When I came back after lunch it was fine

(Susan) #23

About a week or so ago it was down for maybe 20 hours? and then a couple of days ago it was down, and then yesterday for me as well. I love the forum, I hope that whatever is happening can be resolved is all =).

(Polly) #24

Yes I remember that too. Fingers crossed we wonā€™t all be cut off.

(Polly) #25

Phew and we are back up again having been down last night and still down first thing this morning.

(Keto Koala šŸØ) #26

@Polly1 I hope it stays up this time.:disappointed_relieved:

Yeah- I got a blank screen for 2 days

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #28

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #29

Richard is occupied with other matters at the moment, but he will be looking into the matter when he has time. The problem appears simply to be either server overload, or some other problem at the ISP that hosts this site. Iā€™m sure the pandemic restrictions arenā€™t helping any. Unlike last yearā€™s downtime, when we were upgrading the software and migrating to a less-expensive host, this downtime is not intentional, on our part, at least.

(Joey) #30

Perhaps a fellow ketoā€™er trying to keep the price of meat down? :wink:

(Susan) #31

Hehe --I was thinking more about maybe a former forum person that might have been disgruntled (not naming any names, but a few come into my head).

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #32

(Trudy) #33

Has anyone else experience problems and error messages accessing the forum over the last couple of days? Love the support on this forum and missing the usual topics.

It appears to be a reoccurring issue. Although I donā€™t often post much, I do like to read what others post throughout the day. Itā€™s been frustrating. Still, Iā€™m certain they will eventually take care of the problem when they have time.

('Jackie P') #35

Yes I have been regularly getting this for a few days now!

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #36

Yes, the provider that hosts the forums has been having difficulties. Stay tuned for more information when it becomes available.

I have a backup of pictures, couldnā€™t upload, couldnā€™t like posts, got ā€œerror 500ā€ messages, then it went down for a day. I have to say, this place is addictive. It helps me stay on track. I very much hope this gets resolved, thereā€™s no place like it. You guys are all awesome!

(Ben ) #38

Ok. For a while I was thinking that the internet police shut it down for having an open mind and finding logical ways to handle the big V.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #39

Richard says that the problem is that the forums ran out of space on the server. He has instituted some restrictions that will help for a while, and he is looking into upgrading the server to better and faster hard drives. If you would like to help, see the Ketogenic Forums Patreon page:

(Elizabeth ) #40

I have issues too, cant use the app or use on laptop, only desktop. Weird, i almost thought the site was shut down:cold_sweat::fearful: