Hard boiled eggs

(Marianne) #1

Well, came home today and started a pot of hard boiled eggs, then changed into my sweats and got on this forum. Twenty-five minutes later it dawned on me that they were still boiling on the stove! They are cooling now. Looking forward to seeing if I can peel those suckers, or if half the white comes off with the shell - or if they are hard as rocks!

:frowning_face:

If you don’t need them for deviled eggs, I find this microwave cooker does a great job.

Just break an egg into each of the four wells, pierce each yolk, then microwave for 2 minutes @ 80% power. Voila. No peeling necessary.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #3

You could try to peel them under running water, but I have a feeling they’re going to stick!

(PJ) #4

My instant pot changed boiled eggs for me. It just makes them come out so perfectly it’s ridiculous. And a whole lot of them at once.

I used to cook them into oblivion too. :smiley:

You may have egg salad in your near future.

Boiled eggs are an important staple food for ketonians. Realising they have been double boiled is hard.

It’s ok, there are two dozen more eggs in the fridge.

(Allie) #7

Oh I’ve done that loads of times, they’re always fine. Just put them straight under running cold water for a couple of mins and the shells peel straight off.

(Bunny) #8

I eat them raw sometimes about three in a row just make a hole on both ends, been doing this for years…lol

Free Range organic eggs ONLY to avoid the possibility of salmonella!

(MooBoom) #9

Salmonella could still be an issue :grimacing:, daresay the risk is minimal across the board though. Or are more precautions taken with free range organic eggs in your part of the world? It’s much of a muchness here in Oz.

(Bunny) #10

Why? Raw eggs:

GLUTATHIONE & CHOLINE (Lecithin): Some of its antioxidant functions in the body include:

• Maintaining vitamins C and E in their reduced, active forms
  • Tightly regulating the production of hydrogen peroxide (GREYING HAIR?)
  • Neutralizing lipid peroxides-breakdown products of polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs) found in our cell membranes
  • Assisting in making drugs and other toxic chemicals more water-soluble for easier excretion …More

”Because even just three eggs a week can kill you?” :rofl::joy::rofl::slightly_smiling_face::joy:

(Marianne) #11

Thanks, everyone!

Honestly, I’ve never peeled eggs so easily - I was so surprised. The shells came off in like two big pieces. I peeled them all (only made 6), after they had cooled and ate one immediately. I was shocked that they weren’t tough and the yellow only had a slight brown ring around it. I’ll try it again just to see if I get the same results. Also like @OgreZed 's suggestion of a microwave cooker - even more my speed.

Isn’t the albumin more digestible when cooked?

Eating eggs raw would be great for the nutrition in the yolks. (run up some stairs and punch at the cloudy sky with a driving theme song)

I guess, if one did not want the protein load, that is a reason to keep the egg white raw and less digestible?

(Joey) #13

I’ve found peeling raw eggs to be a challenge. :egg:

(Bunny) #14

I eat them raw and cooked but if you want the Glutathione and other heat sensitive nutrients and possibly protomorphogens (DNA parts), and maybe stem cells, you want them raw.

Speaking of which if you inject raw human or animal placenta (umbilical cord) directly into the blood stream it automatically and immediately heals (placentophagy) any organ in your body that is giving you problems. But if you live in too sterile of environment group B streptococcus (group B strep) might get you if your immune system is too weak because it can contain bacteria and viruses.

:joy:

(Susan) #16

Just bought an instant pot - it was delivered yesterday and still in the box! What’s the procedure for doing eggs in it (I like mine sort of soft- boiled) ?

I do mine for two minutes on manual and then natural release for ten minutes and to me they’re perfect. If you like them softer, you may want to natural release for a little less time.

Make sure you get some type of steamer basket if you haven’t already. I don’t think the trivet that comes with it would work.