Hanging Challenge

(Vladaar Malane) #1

How long can you hang from a bar, rings, tree limb, etc…

Just a fun thing to challenge the kids too as well. Though not fun when they beat you. LoL.

My time is 1 minute 15 seconds so far. To really increase the difficulty they say to use a rotating bar. There are guys that go well over 2 minutes, so I have a ways to go. What can you do?

(Doug) #2

I will try, Vladaar - just have to find a bar to hang from. Going to go sit at a different type of one right now.

(Vladaar Malane) #3

Check out this yahoo.

I did my attempt without trying to rest one hand at a time, but seems like a great strategy, if you can do it.

(KetoQ) #4

You’re right, I went to the restroom and when returned couldn’t find my wife. True story.

(Vladaar Malane) #5

Ok my little man videographer was distracted in a game had to remind him to give me times.

I did this at start of workout this time.

(Vladaar Malane) #6

New record want to say 2 minutes but my grip slipped at 1:59 I believe.

(Vladaar Malane) #8

@That_Fat_Guy

It’s for grip strength, it does help somewhat towards pull ups as well, if your comfortable hanging there. I do it more for fun though, as in a competition with my kids.

(Adam Kirby) #9

I believe I got 1:45 or so when I tried it once. I never really pursued it past that one time. IMO once you get a decent hang time it’s a more effective use of time to train one-arm hangs than trying to get ever increasing two-arm hangs.

(Vladaar Malane) #10

Did this for my son he suggested trying it inverted. Way harder.