Had my first Keto Coffee!

(Mike list) #1

It was amazing! What do you all do to spice it up a bit?

(Chris Ward) #2

You can use a flavored MCT oil and good quality roasted beans. Kona or Costa Rican will give you a chocolate flavor. Cinnamon or nutmeg can be added as well.

(Mike list) #3

Didn’t have MCT oil but used coconut oil that I had also did the cinnamon just because it sounded good. I need to get on the MCT game I guess.

(Paula) #4

I use MCT oil, heavy whipping cream, Kerrygold butter and Jordan’s Skinny Syrups. They come in all different flavors!

(jilliangordona) #5

Coconut oil, butter, collagen, cinnamon is my go to

Congrats, it’s fab isn’t it!!

Mine always has
-1 tablespoon coconut oil
-1 tablespoon double cream
-tiny pinch of sea salt

Sometimes one of these too:
-half teaspoon vanilla essence
-half teaspoon peppermint essence
-MCT oil

Soooo tasty and soooo good for a kickstart, huh! Hope you enjoy experimenting with them until you get your signature one

(Paige) #7

I use coco butter it’s so good.

(Mike W.) #8

2 tbsp Kerrygold, 2 tbsp heavy cream, 2 tbsp coconut oil. 14ish oz. coffee.

Holy heck @MiKetoAF! If you don’t mind me saying, this this now my BPC #lifegoals

Do you get an energy/clarity bump from it?

(Allie) #10

MCT is not essential. Lots of fun to be had with different spices, and a pinch of salt is good too. I like cayenne pepper, cinnamon, and salt. Cardamom works well too. Turmeric also… I just experiment and if it’s nasty I start again.

(Mike W.) #11

Not really. I just enjoy it. It’s a special Sunday morning treat now.

(Chris Ward) #12

I do. And I switch the coconut oil for MCT mocha flavored oil. No sweetners.

I alternate a bit. Sometimes I have it with just coconut oil, Kerrygold, and salt. Other times I add in a little cacao, cinnamon, just a bit of cayenne, then I top it with a sprinkle of nutmeg and cinnamon and float a few pieces of cacao nibs on the foam.

Hey @NjMike are you still trying out different BPCs? I just had another idea for you to:

Blending!

I tried It for the first time today. Amazing. And a totally different kind of coffee - even though it had the same ingredients as normal, it came out of the blender more like a latte. Tasted far more rich and creamy. Others have mentioned it on this forum before.

If you’ve a blender, hope you give it a whirl!

I picked up an inexpensive hand blender from Walmart. I think it was around $12. It’s made all the difference and was well worth it.
Also, using a hand blender avoids the possibility of the exploding blender. If you’ve never had a blender blow open from the heat of coffee then you can’t appreciate just how much of an “OH SH__” moment hot coffee and fats exploding all over your kitchen counter can be.
Cheers and enjoy the frothy goodness!

(Mike list) #16

We got a ninja bullet when we moved into the new house and i love using it to make the keto coffee. I have been using different combos thanks to everyone for all the ideas. I don’t know if i am in Ketosis or even fat adapted i do know that i feel amazing!!

Other things that I found really helpful, sorry if this has already been mentioned.

I like my coffee hot and at first I was just putting my butter and coconut oil in then adding the coffee and frothing away: coffee gets cold pretty fast because the butter just came out of the fridge.

So now I do two things. 1) I preheat my blending cup and my coffee cup with hot water 2) I melt and heat up my coconut oil and butter in a small saucepan before putting it in
I know this sounds like common sense but I suffered through warm coffee for a while before I started doing this.

(Mike W.) #18

I’ve found it easier to add my coffee to the fats, blend and then microwave the cup for about 30 seconds to reheat.

That would work and be easier but I don’t have a microwave… long story, involves a kid wondering what would happen if she microwaved stuff… :laughing:

I’m one of those weirdos who grinds beans for each cup and makes it in an aeropress so the extra time and mess is not such a big deal.

(Mike list) #20

I am slowly turning into a coffee freak. I only had my first cup jan 3 of this year.