Gross... but I'm still impressed

(Stickin' with mammoth) #21

Now, now–let us remember to put the right amount of the blame on the governmental, medical, and consumer institutions that have fed us (pun intended) misinformation for over 50 years now, leading to the demise of our health and waistbands. Even if you had done everything “right” according to their rules, you’d still have lost the game and then been blamed for it.

But now you can claim ALL the victory. So, have some bacon and tell them to stick it.

(jay) #22

Through the 1950’s cold detached mothering was the “obvious” accepted cause of schizophrenia. Can you imagine, as your child is sinking into the depths of mental illness, In desperation you seek help from the medical community and their response is to point the finger of guilt at your defective parenting…“it your fault”. I suppose this was an a major advancement over earlier “treatments” of burning those unlucky enough to suffer schizophrenia as a possesed by demons. But in a way it just moved the blame. Some one or some negative behavior that could have been avoided if only those impacted or the suffer him/herself had only been “better”. Two steps forward, one step back.

Hanlon’s razor "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"

(Alix Brookes) #23

Wow! Your doing so well! Keep up the good work!

(Brian) #24

Great job! And may you have continued success towards reaching your goals. You’ve taken some good steps in that direction. :slight_smile:

(Bacon, Not Stirred) #25

Thanks, all! I’m actually down 37.2 pounds as of this morning, now. :slight_smile: Hooray!!

(Val Bundy) #26

Amazing job! I can understand how you feel…but you can be so proud of how far you have come and how far you will go!!

Way to go!!

(Doodler for @KetoKailey) #28

Congratulations, @katiea! That is wonderful progress!

Awesome! Keep going!