Grilled vegetables

I am not sure how carb laden grilled vegetables really are. In the summer I smoke/grill A LOT and while ribs, brisket, chicken, steaks and pork belly burnt ends (talk about fat) are my core products I make a lot of grilled veggies because of demand…you know, zucchini, summer squash, onions,peppers…

what are the lowest carb options amongst the grillable veggies? PS, pic of some pork ribs for you MCT oil swigging, macro counting purists

(Full Metal KETO AF) #2

:scream: You may become one of them if you stall out, never say never. :cowboy_hat_face:

True enough. That’s why I’d like to know the best ones to grill and stay keto. Does the “Green is better than colorful” really hold? Seems like an odd thing to be true across the spectrum

(Full Metal KETO AF) #4

Lots of vegetables considered low carb are okay in reasonable portions, but you have to be more careful with things other than leafy greens. All the stuff you have in your picture is keto friendly unless you overindulged. Onions, tomatoes and eggplant can be sneaky, even cauliflower, cabbage and broccoli.

This is where a kitchen scale and a tracking app can be helpful in self education. I am not going to suggest you need to track for life, but I like the knowledge I gain from it, being able to create recipes with many ingredients like lasagna and deciding how many portions your dish has. Also useful for soups and stews. Then you have a breakdown for what an 6000 calorie lasagna should be portioned as and exactly how many carbs are involved. You don’t have to be an anal retentive person if you track, I use it as a learning tool and to have a record of what I eat in relation to weight loss trends. This can help indicate tweaks you might need to try to keep moving forward. Then again I didn’t track for the first 6 months of keto, but I have lost in 4 months what I previously lost in 6 including the initial water loss. So I have found it useful for my own accountability purposes. :cowboy_hat_face:

(bulkbiker) #5

You might find this useful

Values are per 100g

Yes, thanks. That is quite helpful.